Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2019 General Recruiting Thread

11 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Out of curiosity who would you want 4th. Personally if we freed up a 4th I want to save it for a sharp shooting grad transfer. 

I want three of TJD, Brooks, Stewart, Hurt, Watford, and then whatever guard wants to come. 

50% is a guess. But I was told that they think they are in a good position for TJD, Brooks, and Stewart. I added Hurt because of the fact the staff has always felt he liked them and have a good connection there. 

From what I've heard is that TJD would love to play with Stewart. With Brooks and TJD as close as they are and if they're serious about playing together I feel like Brooks could easily be in Stewart's ear and be our best recruiter for him. That class would be unreal. Here's to hoping!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

12 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I want three of TJD, Brooks, Stewart, Hurt, Watford, and then whatever guard wants to come. 

12 hours ago, Chris007 said:

50% is a guess. But I was told that they think they are in a good position for TJD, Brooks, and Stewart. I added Hurt because of the fact the staff has always felt he liked them and have a good connection there. 

We are getting tjd, definitely more than a strong feeling from staff. 

Well, my fearless prognostication of who would be our first '19 commit and on what date doesn't look like it's going to happen.   Let this be a lesson to you --  never take investment advice from an Old Fart.

Happy anniversary!

On 8/23/2018 at 8:39 AM, Chris007 said:

That would be fabulous. Hard to project a depth chart with that group, but those things work themselves out. 

Newman or Bouknight would blend nicely with that group, IMO. 

ESPN's top 100 ranking for the '19 class     

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/view/espnu100/sort/rank/class/2019

Stewart #4

Hurt #6

TJD #16

Watford #23

Ramsey #28

Brooks #33

Nnaji #37

Harris #74

Bouknight #87

Eric Bossi had an in-depth piece on IU's potential class on Rivals (non-subscriber) today. Interesting that he still has us squarely in the mix with Ramsey, which would be spectacularly good news. In a later twitter answer, Bossi put us in the mix with Bouknight, but feels that Bouknight is likely to stay out east. 

The article is as follows:

"The hope for Archie Miller and I’m sure all of Indiana’s fans is that at least two-thirds of that recruiting class is made up of homegrown five-star prospects Keion Brooks and Trayce Jackson-Davis. At a minimum, the Hoosiers are the clear favorite for Jackson-Davis. Not only would I be a bit surprised if the 6-foot-9 big man didn’t pick the Hoosiers, the entire recruiting world would be surprised. He starts the visit process this weekend with a trip to UCLA and we should at least pay attention to what he has to say after the visit and he’s got visits for Iowa, Michigan State, Purdue and Wake Forest set as well but I’m just having a hard time seeing any of them winning out as of today.

Then there’s Brooks, whose recruitment looks to be a bit tougher to read. He’s another that I give the Hoosiers the edge for but I don’t feel quite as strongly about them being a potential leader. Like Jackson-Davis, Brooks is scheduled to visit UCLA this weekend and he’s also got others like Michigan State, Kentucky, Louisville and North Carolina to name a few in the mix. Of those, Michigan State has been strong for a while too.

The Hoosiers are also involved with five-stars:

Isaiah Stewart – a New York transplant who attends high school at La Porte (Ind.) La Lumiere with Brooks – and 
Trendon Watford, but I’m not sure I see it happening with either of them (especially if they get Jackson-Davis and Brooks).
Top-35 big man Zeke Nnaji was in town over the weekend but his recruitment still appears to be wide-open but a guard is more important anyway.

Rivals150 combo guard Armaan Franklin was on campus over the weekend and I see the Hoosiers battling it out with Purdue for him and I wouldn’t be surprised if the same thing ends up happening with sharp shooter Brandon Newman.

Another guy I would keep an eye on is Jahmius Ramsey. The top-40 guard from Texas is likely going to wait until the spring which is good for the Hoosiers, who should have answers on all of their other spots by the time the fall ends."

Eric Bossi had an in-depth piece on IU's potential class on Rivals (non-subscriber) today. Interesting that he still has us squarely in the mix with Ramsey, which would be spectacularly good news. In a later twitter answer, Bossi put us in the mix with Bouknight, but feels that Bouknight is likely to stay out east. 
"The hope for Archie Miller and I’m sure all of Indiana’s fans is that at least two-thirds of that recruiting class is made up of homegrown five-star prospects Keion Brooks and Trayce Jackson-Davis. At a minimum, the Hoosiers are the clear favorite for Jackson-Davis. Not only would I be a bit surprised if the 6-foot-9 big man didn’t pick the Hoosiers, the entire recruiting world would be surprised. He starts the visit process this weekend with a trip to UCLA and we should at least pay attention to what he has to say after the visit and he’s got visits for Iowa, Michigan State, Purdue and Wake Forest set as well but I’m just having a hard time seeing any of them winning out as of today.

Then there’s Brooks, whose recruitment looks to be a bit tougher to read. He’s another that I give the Hoosiers the edge for but I don’t feel quite as strongly about them being a potential leader. Like Jackson-Davis, Brooks is scheduled to visit UCLA this weekend and he’s also got others like Michigan State, KentuckyLouisville and North Carolina to name a few in the mix. Of those, Michigan State has been strong for a while too.

Isaiah Stewart – a New York transplant who attends high school at La Porte (Ind.) La Lumiere with Brooks – and  Trendon Watford, but I’m not sure I see it happening with either of them (especially if they get Jackson-Davis and Brooks). Top-35 big man Zeke Nnaji was in town over the weekend but his recruitment still appears to be wide-open but a guard is more important anyway.

Rivals150 combo guard Armaan Franklin was on campus over the weekend and I see the Hoosiers battling it out with Purdue for him and I wouldn’t be surprised if the same thing ends up happening with sharp shooter Brandon Newman.

Another guy I would keep an eye on is Jahmius Ramsey. The top-40 guard from Texas is likely going to wait until the spring which is good for the Hoosiers, who should have answers on all of their other spots by the time the fall ends."

I’ve been hopeful for Bouknight, but it appears IU’s chances may be slim with him.

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Then there’s Brooks, whose recruitment looks to be a bit tougher to read. He’s another that I give the Hoosiers the edge for but I don’t feel quite as strongly about them being a potential leader. Like Jackson-Davis, Brooks is scheduled to visit UCLA this weekend and he’s also got others like Michigan State, Kentucky, Louisville and North Carolina to name a few in the mix. Of those, Michigan State has been strong for a while too.

Isaiah Stewart – a New York transplant who attends high school at La Porte (Ind.) La Lumiere with Brooks – and 
Trendon Watford, but I’m not sure I see it happening with either of them (especially if they get Jackson-Davis and Brooks).
Top-35 big man Zeke Nnaji was in town over the weekend but his recruitment still appears to be wide-open but a guard is more important anyway.

If we land Brooks and TJD with who we look to have coming back that would have to be attractive to Ramsey.