Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

58 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

NCAA please take Louisville and Kansas to the woodshed 

58 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

NCAA please take Louisville and Kansas to the woodshed 

Never going to happen! According to the feds, they are the victims.  They can sue Adidas and the felons for damages.

When Creighton is offering 100K for a recruit, you can say with reasonable certainty cheating is pervasive in college basketball. The NCAA is nothing more than a bad joke. Bill Self and Kansas is the poster child for this with cash, cars, or anything else a recruit needs. They just flat out deny everything and the NCAA does nothing. The moral of this story is cheaters and cheating wins; just what the governing body has drawn up. 

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/25105562/call-records-link-arizona-sean-miller-creighton-greg-mcdermott-brian-bowen-ii-recruitment

Quite a bit of detail on numbers of calls made between specific coaches and Christian Dawkins.  Specific coaches are Sean Miller and Gregg McDermott.

Also this nugget about a former IU target:  "Dawkins wrote that he planned to pay (Rawle) Alkins $2,500 per month from September 2017 through April 2018 -- when Alkins was still playing for Arizona -- plus $30,000 in travel expenses for his family..."

Funny how getting caught with your hand in the cookie jar changes your perspective. I recall an interview in which Slick Rick specifically said he had no interest in a return to the NBA. He basically he said "I've been there and done that." He's not officially banned from coaching college hoops, but let's face it, he's probably finished there. That leaves the NBA, G-League, WNBA, foreign ball or high schools. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25116516/former-louisville-coach-rick-pitino-hoping-become-nba-coaching-candidate

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

Funny how getting caught with your hand in the cookie jar changes your perspective. I recall an interview in which Slick Rick specifically said he had no interest in a return to the NBA. He basically he said "I've been there and done that." He's not officially banned from coaching college hoops, but let's face it, he's probably finished there. That leaves the NBA, G-League, WNBA, foreign ball or high schools. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25116516/former-louisville-coach-rick-pitino-hoping-become-nba-coaching-candidate

Be hilarious if he ends up coaching Bowen 

The NCAA's worst nightmare has become a reality.  The federal government has given the NCAA the OK to open its own investigation so the NCAA can no longer claim it can't do anything because its hands are tied by the government's investigation.  This oughta be good. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/feds-give-ncaa-go-ahead-begin-investigating-certain-schools-tied-college-hoops-scandal-030502043.html

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The NCAA's worst nightmare has become a reality.  The federal government has given the NCAA the OK to open its own investigation so the NCAA can no longer claim it can't do anything because its hands are tied by the government's investigation.  This oughta be good. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/feds-give-ncaa-go-ahead-begin-investigating-certain-schools-tied-college-hoops-scandal-030502043.html

Man some lawyers are going to get a fortune to help the NCAA sweep this under the rug 

"Ummm, we couldn't really track down anything because nobody would talk. We have cleared all schools of any wrongdoings. We've also spoke with Nike to ensure they keep providing the salaries for the recruits going to Dook, Arizona, and Kentucky. We're really happy we don't have to pay student athletes!"

Again, the NCAA is an absolute joke. Does anyone truly believe the NCAA will do more than a "3 game suspension?"

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

"Ummm, we couldn't really track down anything because nobody would talk. We have cleared all schools of any wrongdoings. We've also spoke with Nike to ensure they keep providing the salaries for the recruits going to Dook, Arizona, and Kentucky. We're really happy we don't have to pay student athletes!"

Again, the NCAA is an absolute joke. Does anyone truly believe the NCAA will do more than a "3 game suspension?"

Bumper stickers - 9 game suspension

impermissible phone calls - scholarship

FBI investigation that cost $$$ in court, investigations, etc. where millions of dollars have been filtered through shoe companies to players that ensure they are going to play for a certain team that the coach plays stupid like they didn't know what was going on - 3 game suspension

Though this is supposed to be a joke, I hope that you aren't right Aloha! 

Just now, HoosierCoop said:

Bumper stickers - 9 game suspension

impermissible phone calls - scholarship

FBI investigation that cost $$$ in court, investigations, etc. where millions of dollars have been filtered through shoe companies to players that ensure they are going to play for a certain team that the coach plays stupid like they didn't know what was going on - 3 game suspension

Though this is supposed to be a joke, I hope that you aren't right Aloha! 

For the NCAA to actually investigate and hand out appropriate punishments they would have to admit they run on a flawed system.  Does anyone truly believe the NCAA had zero clue this was going on?  They're going to do the minimum amount to make it look like they're taking it seriously when everyone knows they will protect the bottom line, $$$$.

4 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

They should be able to track something. The feds have laid out enough info and investigative work most of the work has been done for them. Gonna be hard to sweep this under the rug. 

They should be able to track something. The feds have laid out enough info and investigative work most of the work has been done for them. Gonna be hard to sweep this under the rug. 

They CAN but will they? Are they actually going to punish the hand (schools) that feed them? I can see this coming down on a few players getting a few game suspensions and then calling it good. What would March Madness be without the top programs being eligible? The NCAA would lose a lot of money.