Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Alex Bozich -  The finals Rivals rankings for the class of 2018 are out:

Jerome Hunter 49 (4-star)

Robert Phinisee 99 (4-star)

Damezi Anderson 114 (4-star)

Jake Forrester 127 (4-star)

#iubb target Romeo Langford is No. 6 overall and a 5-star prospect.

Where did he get this info 247 isn't even updated 

3 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I find it hard to believe that there are 5 better players than Romeo. That being said I think this is actually a lot more fair than the previous rankings. Jerome is a top 40-50 player and Phinisee should be in the top 100 somewhere. Still unsure about Damezi and Forrester. 

Agreed - I actually think Romeo is probably #1

1 hour ago, Hoosier987 said:

Agreed - I actually think Romeo is probably #1

I'd put RJ Barrett over him and that is it. I really think Romeo will be a top 3 pick in the NBA Draft. I'm sorry but I think Zion is overrated. He will be successful at Duke and I think that is it. He is only 6'6 and really don't see him translating to the NBA. 

20 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I'd put RJ Barrett over him and that is it. I really think Romeo will be a top 3 pick in the NBA Draft. I'm sorry but I think Zion is overrated. He will be successful at Duke and I think that is it. He is only 6'6 and really don't see him translating to the NBA. 

He better start watching Charles Barkley's game film.

From the "round mound of rebound" to the "round mound of throw-down".

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, Zion Williamson is a load at the college level.  I could see him struggling in the NBA until he finds his niche and learns to shoot.

maybe he can become another Corliss Williamson and mimic his namesake.  

One thing Zion has going for him is athleticism. It’s off the charts. I think he’ll be fine in the NBA

13 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:

I don't think we showed any interest in this one, did we?

"He had offers from Austin Peay, IUPUI, Siena, Western Michigan, Loyola-Chicago and Toledo, but last week Maryland became the first high-major program to offer."

Maryland's Priller has arrived.

https://maryland.247sports.com/Article/Recruit-Trace-Ramsey-Commits-to-Maryland-Terps-Basketball-117702232

3 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

"He had offers from Austin Peay, IUPUI, Siena, Western Michigan, Loyola-Chicago and Toledo, but last week Maryland became the first high-major program to offer."

https://maryland.247sports.com/Article/Recruit-Trace-Ramsey-Commits-to-Maryland-Terps-Basketball-117702232

Priller didn't even have that level of offers, did he?  Nothing against Priller of course.

28 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Oof. The second or third best player on his high school team (which has Brandon Newman), and has a "chronic back condition." In this article, his coach states that going into Ramsey's junior year, "I just didn't know if he was tough enough to be a varsity player. That was going to determine how many minutes he got."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/post-tribune/sports/ct-ptb-mike-hutton-column-st-0127-20170126-story.html

59 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Oof. The second or third best player on his high school team (which has Brandon Newman), and has a "chronic back condition." In this article, his coach states that going into Ramsey's junior year, "I just didn't know if he was tough enough to be a varsity player. That was going to determine how many minutes he got."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/post-tribune/sports/ct-ptb-mike-hutton-column-st-0127-20170126-story.html

Well, good for him.  I hope he has a healthy career ahead of him.  

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Well, you always need a few guys at the end of the bench who are just happy to be there.

5 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Turgeon taking the Crean approach

Just took a look at the Maryland board. Very post-Priller IU board-ish: a few saying things like "(insert name) wasn't highly recruited and look at how great he turned out!", and more than that saying "Gulp...nauseous feeling...gulp."