Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

opiej

Archie Miller's staff at Indiana will be Bruiser Flint, Tom Ostrom (Dayton) and Ed Schilling (UCLA),

11 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

I believe guyton really wants to be a. Assistant at IU bad. He's always hinted at it on twitter but he pretty much said that wouldn't happen while toms the coach

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'd be fine with him on the bench.  He may only have 6 months as a D-league coach but it's not like we're pulling a guy off the streets either.  Plus all-american player and NBA experience, albeit brief.  I'd prefer Cheaney, but I'd gladly take Guyton.

37 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

Literally rule number one for us teachers. Don't **** students. Page one. Never even thought about it as a student teacher. At 22 years old you should be mature enough to know there is a boundary there. Period. 

I'm with you there sir. This is my 23rd year teaching and that is an absolute no-no and I knew it as a 24 year old teacher starting out. Being at an elementary at the time, there were plenty of young, single female teachers though :)

6 hours ago, Oladipo said:

Well your wrong right there they have an impact

Well I never said that the trainers and strength and conditioning coaches had no impact. Not sure where you got that

The last few seasons,after having players become so fatigued towards they end of every season ( think Syracuse games) Crean implemented a change is practice schedules and routine. That plays a big factor.

I know that the strength and condition make an impact but people are saying players are getting injured because of it and that just isn't true.

1 hour ago, Kepner said:

Well I never said that the trainers and strength and conditioning coaches had no impact. Not sure where you got that

The last few seasons,after having players become so fatigued towards they end of every season ( think Syracuse games) Crean implemented a change is practice schedules and routine. That plays a big factor.

I know that the strength and condition make an impact but people are saying players are getting injured because of it and that just isn't true.

He would have to being doing something extremely wonky for his program to be why our boys have suffered some injuries. Seeing as he is a D1 strength coach that has to regularly get re-certified or update his license I think it  is safe to say he is not the problem. 

4 hours ago, SteelerHoosier said:

Literally rule number one for us teachers. Don't **** students. Page one. Never even thought about it as a student teacher. At 22 years old you should be mature enough to know there is a boundary there. Period. 

I was a teacher right out of college in the early '70's and clearly understood that a line existed between me and my students. That said I heard plenty of inappropriate comments from male teachers about female students as young as junior high age. Also some of those students seemed accessible. For me this is really problematic. I could never see myself in a relationship with someone who once sat in my classroom. At the same time, I think that one bad decision, such as discussed, shouldn't be held against someone forever providing it doesn't become a pattern. I also fully understand that others may feel differently on this subject.

Scott Haffner...now that is blast from the past. Saw Haffner put up 65 poinrs in 1989 for Evansville at Roberts Stadium in Evansville against....wait for it....Dayton. Dude could fill it. He transferred to UE from Illinois after his sophomore season I believe. Best single game offensive performance by a player I have ever seen.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using BtownBanners mobile app

Flint, Ostrom, and Groce would be a dynamite group of assistants. Archie wasn't lying when he said he was trying to build the best staff in college bball. Hopefully Groce joins sooner rather than later. It would be a really nice mixture of recruiting prowess and coaching ability.

Won't Groce just bolt as soon as he can get a head coaching job? Would it be better to get an assistant that might stay more long term?

Likely but that probably is a result of our success too. Bring in a young guy, maybe former Hoosier, to a non recruiting role and let them be ready once there is an opening.

The strength and conditioning coaches most important job is to keep players healthy, cause if they aren't healthy they aren't playing. Injury prevention is something every good one does

4 minutes ago, Oladipo said:

The strength and conditioning coaches most important job is to keep players healthy, cause if they aren't healthy they aren't playing. Injury prevention is something every good one does

That's obviously their job. But blaming someone blowing an ACL on a coach is ridiculous as people have done. They are usually either freak injuries or happen to guys who have previous injuries. That was my whole point. I keep seeing people blaming Anderson for knee injuries but we had injuries as well when Jackson was here. Of course it's their job to try to help players build their body to prevent injuries but literally every team had freak injuries.

25 minutes ago, Kepner said:

That's obviously their job. But blaming someone blowing an ACL on a coach is ridiculous as people have done. They are usually either freak injuries or happen to guys who have previous injuries. That was my whole point. I keep seeing people blaming Anderson for knee injuries but we had injuries as well when Jackson was here. Of course it's their job to try to help players build their body to prevent injuries but literally every team had freak injuries.

I'd be interested to hear from a player how much stabilization work they did. I incorporate a knee stabilization excercise for my knees, ankles, & elbows in every workout.

I agree but IUs had more than a couple anomalies the past two years