Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

opiej

Archie Miller's staff at Indiana will be Bruiser Flint, Tom Ostrom (Dayton) and Ed Schilling (UCLA),

16 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Flint is official according to ESPN.   Eh.   Hoping for better on other hires.

Don't see anything from ESPN. I agree with you though, this hire is rather disappointing. Not sure how Flint qualifies to be on the "best" staff in america..

I'm guessing they are trying to announce the entire staff at once. I have to believe he has 1 or 2 guys lined up (Flint and Ostrom) at this point and is waiting to fill the rest of the positions before an announcement is made.

25 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I'm guessing they are trying to announce the entire staff at once. I have to believe he has 1 or 2 guys lined up (Flint and Ostrom) at this point and is waiting to fill the rest of the positions before an announcement is made.

Also due to University regulations the positions has to be posted for a certain amount of time before they can be officially announced as to who got them.

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Also due to University regulations the positions has to be posted for a certain amount of time before they can be officially announced as to who got them.

That would make sense as well.

43 minutes ago, maharkn said:

I would like to see a Dj White, Kirk Haston, Alan Henderson somewhere on the staff. A former big man to work with TB and DD

Sent from my XT1650 using BtownBanners mobile app

Although I would agree, having a big man coach would be a good addition, I really don't care to see any of those three on the staff.

1 hour ago, moyemayhem said:

I don't know...

1. 20 years of division 1 head coaching experience
  2. All-time winningest coach in Drexel history (331 wins overall with UMass and Drexel)
  3. 4-time CAA coach of the year
  4. A proven high level recruiter (Camby)

Seems like a pretty decent resume for an assistant coach to me.

His coaching records per season screams Tom Crean to me. He got fired from Drexel after being there for 13 years. Cool he won the most games there.. but being fired and having inconsistent results is basically what we just got rid of.

Coach of the year..ehh... Didn't we just fire a coach who won coach of the year last year? Coach of the year awards are overrated at most times. 

I'm sure he has some in's on the recruiting on the east coast, that's nice. But nothing about his resume screams the best staff in america. 

He seems like a hard nose guy, similar to archie in a way. I'm sure the fans will love that.. but will this generation of kids be buying into what he's selling? I don't know. Archie yes.. Flint.. I don't think so. Just my thoughts.

Just now, BtownBanner6 said:

If he compares to Crean that's great, every program in the country would enjoy Crean as an assistant.

I just have a different viewpoint as I'm a young coach myself. With Archie being pretty young for a coach, I'd like to see him stick to the theme. Hire an up and comer at a mid level program, someone with some ties that is a basketball junkie like Archie himself. 

Flint just gives me a bad vibe. 

I just have a different viewpoint as I'm a young coach myself. With Archie being pretty young for a coach, I'd like to see him stick to the theme. Hire an up and comer at a mid level program, someone with some ties that is a basketball junkie like Archie himself. 
Flint just gives me a bad vibe. 

Alright I can get behind the view point of going for an all young staff, but I also like a seasoned coach that's been in the game a long time and has had some success and isn't looking to go anywhere else.

2 hours ago, Treesh said:

Don't see anything from ESPN. I agree with you though, this hire is rather disappointing. Not sure how Flint qualifies to be on the "best" staff in america..

Apologies....It was CSN Sports.

2 hours ago, maharkn said:

I would like to see a Dj White, Kirk Haston, Alan Henderson somewhere on the staff. A former big man to work with TB and DD

Sent from my XT1650 using BtownBanners mobile app

Max Bielfelt would be terrific.  He's the one who tutored Bryant, anyway.   We do need someone like Lewis or Cheaney on the bench, though.   Bruiser Flint?    Yawn.

2 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Max Bielfelt would be terrific.  He's the one who tutored Bryant, anyway.   We do need someone like Lewis or Cheaney on the bench, though.   Bruiser Flint?    Yawn.

What makes you think having those two guys on the bench is better than Flint? "indiana ties" and what not?