Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

After my post earlier today in support of Gelon, it does seem like he's out. Especially with All coming, and Grant's absence in the video.
Al Durham has been pumped about being a Hoosier for a long time. Easy guy to cheer for.

Agreed gelon is out. No other way the numbers work.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, Kepner said:

At this point I think Miller had a really good idea of who's coming and going. He's not going into the 2017 recruits homes without a plan for them.

Archie probably knows what JBJ and TB need to hear to leave and he probably has a good idea what they are going to hear. 

Where did hulls say that?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Here is the quote from Hulls:

I have never seen Coach shoot a jump shot. Ever. He would always demonstrate drills and such but he never actually fired it up there. Maybe he did it so we could just get on with the drill because he was always super efficient with practices and what we had to get done…But 4 years and never see him shoot a jumper? Pretty interesting, haha.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, bigrod said:

Here is the quote from Hulls:

I have never seen Coach shoot a jump shot. Ever. He would always demonstrate drills and such but he never actually fired it up there. Maybe he did it so we could just get on with the drill because he was always super efficient with practices and what we had to get done…But 4 years and never see him shoot a jumper? Pretty interesting, haha.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Wow. I can't go an entire practice without showing out my shooting abilities in front of my team. 

9 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Man, I'd really like have Smith.

But if somehow we can keep OG instead, that would be fantabulous

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The real gut punch would be losing both OG and Smith. IU would be severely lacking in the long, athletic wing department. 

I like that Al's committed to IU and is excited about coming here. At the same time, I really don't see why we didn't let him walk. We have an abundance of guards this upcoming year and the 2018 class is loaded with good ones. I just don't see where he fits in.

Just now, VO5 said:

I like that Al's committed to IU and is excited about coming here. At the same time, I really don't see why we didn't let him walk. We have an abundance of guards this upcoming year and the 2018 class is loaded with good ones. I just don't see where he fits in.

I'm just gonna assume that Archie knows what he's doing. He could have easily let him walk. Remember that they haven't officially announced anything yet.

Is everyone so sure Gelon is transferring? If you watch the guard video, there seems to be another player/manager sitting in the background at the end. Looked like it could be Gelon. Who knows if he has a small tweak or something that caused him to sit out.