Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

16 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

That was from this year too. He does have one of the smallest budgets overall. Basketball is obviously a larger part of it. But at 24 sporting teams and that budget pays for athletic scholarships that is a lot of money to travel when you don't need to.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Any idea how much it cost us to travel for last night? Between travel expenses and missed revenue I'd guess that we easily lost $300-400k. It's not a lot in the grand scheme of things but it would probably pay for half the yearly budget of one of the less expensive sports. Maybe I'm off on my numbers but a dollar spent on travel is more than what should've been spent. 

Dakich is also saying that things will continue to go bad at Indiana unless they hire Alford because things end badly at Indiana for all coaches. He also just said that Indiana ignoring their past has worked out really well so far. 

Crean leads IU to 16 losses! Unacceptable at Indiana University! Anyone and I mean ANYONE who can defend this is delusional and has lost the standards that IU should adhere to. A down year should be a 8-10 seed in the NCAA tourney. Not a NIT 1st round loss in which we gave away a home game to a team that the coach was willing and did pay for all students who wanted to attend the game. It's embarrassing to the University, a University that I graduated from. Some people are fans because they just love IU or loved watching IU in the Knight years and that is awsome and absolutely nothing wrong with that! Others, are fans because it's where we went to school, it's who and what we love. It's our pride and enthusiasm for our school. The reason for the largest student section in college bball.

It's Indiana, It's Indiana, It's Indiana!

and it should mean something! It's beginning to lose that and that's why fans and students alike are in an uproar. The coach is simply not good enough. He has maxed out HIS talent. He has gone as far as HE can go, but not as far as THIS University NEEDS to go and absolutely CAN go with the right leadership.

So for all you Media type, all you Crean apologists, all those who think there is nothing wrong and Crean should not be fired, open your eyes, use your brain, restore the standards that this University used to be about and should be about again. Restore this University to the Blueblood status it used to be. Don't accept Mediocrity! The same issues that were present day 1 of the Crean era are still present today. We have better talent than day 1 but the problems haven't changed or gotten any better. And no sign of them getting better or changing. Crean stated last night he has to get better, the players have to get better. Crean hasn't gotten "better" in 9 years with the issues that plague him. Turnovers, Defense, Half-Court Offense, Substitutions, Game Flow, and 2nd Half Adjustments. Players will get better when they are coached to get better. 2 decent years out of 9 is simply not good enough. 2 decent years out of 6 simply isn't good enough. Missing the tournament 2 out of 4 years is UNACCEPTABLE!

Thank you for reading! 
Have a great day and may the future of IU be bright again!

(For those on other site(s), I posted this on the other site in contrast/spite of HTD at first, but then the passion and honesty of what I was thinking took over so I decided to post it here as well because it felt so good to get it off my chest and out of my head, hope you don't mind, plus it helps the page count)

Just now, ap2345 said:

Dakich is also saying that things will continue to go bad at Indiana unless they hire Alford because things end badly at Indiana for all coaches. He also just said that Indiana ignoring their past has worked out really well so far. 

LOL!!! Oh boy.  Someone get the muzzle

4 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Just saw there is a fire tom crean group bring formed when students return from spring break. Saw on twitter. It may be to late for them but I am not surprised one bit by this if it actually is true.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Can confirm there are multiple houses with Fire Tom Crean posters/signs on houses in Bloomington. 

Any idea how much it cost us to travel for last night? Between travel expenses and missed revenue I'd guess that we easily lost $300-400k. It's not a lot in the grand scheme of things but it would probably pay for half the yearly budget of one of the less expensive sports. Maybe I'm off on my numbers but a dollar spent on travel is more than what should've been spent. 

Travel for team is probably around $50k plus with hotel, bus, and food. Plus whatever we missed out on for a game.

He talks about how important money is, but then he turns around and pays for the team to travel to Atlanta instead of making money off them playing at home... Things are getting really bizarre in Hoosier Land. 

The NIT actually kicks a little money to the road teams and takes a decent chunk of the home team's revenue I think. I read that somewhere.

Just now, mdn82 said:

Travel for team is probably around $50k plus with hotel, bus, and food. Plus whatever we missed out on for a game.

Any business person can see how incompetent of a decision this was by Fred Glass. Instead of making money he chose to spend thousands while achieving the one thing he sought to avoid - embarrassment.  Safe to say his decision backfired.