Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

When you constantly cover up and ignore small problems, they grow and manifest into huge issues. We have a huge problem on our hands and it's all on Glass.

When you make up an BS excuse to not host a home game in fear of the backlash your head coach will face, then it's time to make a change. 

5 minutes ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

Well in that case that would suggest they plan on losing to GT, because if they win it comes back to Bloomington for the second round

Exactly. This makes me think they will be making a not so favorable announcement on gameday and want to give the fan base time to breathe before having a home game. That could be a few days or even more beneficial for them an offseason. 

3 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

Exactly. This makes me think they will be making a not so favorable announcement on gameday and want to give the fan base time to breathe before having a home game. That could be a few days or even more beneficial for them an offseason. 

Actually, as the #3 seed we'd be on the road in the second round against #2, unless the #7 seed beats them. 

I think that giving up a home game absolutely suggests more that he is gone.
If he were staying, he would have over 20 more home games and this would just be one of em.
To me? This is a way of letting him coach out the season and leave with gentility.

Yep. They keep saying we will play future games at home. So we wouldn't play on at home on Tuesday because of Spring Break but would play a 2nd round game before the week is up at home? Doesn't make a ton of sense.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, mdn82 said:

Yep. They keep saying we will play future games at home. So we wouldn't play on at home on Tuesday because of Spring Break but would play a 2nd round game before the week is up at home? Doesn't make a ton of sense.

We are talking about the IU administration.  It's become apparent they do NOTHING that makes sense.  This is right up their alley.

only way we play again this year at AH is if there are upsets in the NIT, higher seed always hosts, if bracket goes by he numbers we will not have the opportunity to host.

Too many things pointing in the direction of no Crean next year.

1. His senior game speech and his pressers seem to get less Creany.

2. The Mizzou talks seem A LOT stronger than the Bama ones ever were.

3. Declining to host the NIT game. If Crean is coming back, Glass makes announcement tomorrow and takes his lumps tuesday instead of letting it build up for 6 months for next season.

4. The 2K pull out. Crean has actively said he was using that as a positive to recruits. Jordan Tucker is a recruit who mentioned this a lot at the beginning of our recruitment with him.

5. Glass NOT saying a WORD while all these other AD's have been giving votes of confidence along with some being fired.

Something tells me Glass knows he has to get rid of him and doesn't want too, so he believes the longer he waits the better chance Crean finds another job to make it simple.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Why do you guys think them turning down a home game means he is gone? If anything I think it means the opposite. They will announce he is returning the day of the game. We will be on the road so it shields him from the home crowd backlash. Be it boos or a crowd the size of what you would find at a Cannelton High School home game. 

Whoa... My dad played at Cannelton. Watch your smart mouth! Haha!

26 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I think that giving up a home game absolutely suggests more that he is gone.

If he were staying, he would have over 20 more home games and this would just be one of em.

To me? This is a way of letting him coach out the season and leave with gentility.

last game at home was a win too

only way we play again this year at AH is if there are upsets in the NIT, higher seed always hosts, if bracket goes by he numbers we will not have the opportunity to host.

I get that, but Belmont beating Georgia isn't crazy talk. I hope they do to see what happens if we win.

10 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Too many things pointing in the direction of no Crean next year.

1. His senior game speech and his pressers seem to get less Creany.

2. The Mizzou talks seem A LOT stronger than the Bama ones ever were.

3. Declining to host the NIT game. If Crean is coming back, Glass makes announcement tomorrow and takes his lumps tuesday instead of letting it build up for 6 months for next season.

4. The 2K pull out. Crean has actively said he was using that as a positive to recruits. Jordan Tucker is a recruit who mentioned this a lot at the beginning of our recruitment with him.

5. Glass NOT saying a WORD while all these other AD's have been giving votes of confidence along with some being fired.

Something tells me Glass knows he has to get rid of him and doesn't want too, so he believes the longer he waits the better chance Crean finds another job to make it simple.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

#4 ?? Explain please.

2 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I get that, but Belmont beating Georgia isn't crazy talk. I hope they do to see what happens if we win.

It's the NIT none of the power conference teams are any good, and can be beaten by anyone, if they were any good they would not be in the NIT.  I agree Belmont could easily beat both Georgia then IU.