Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

2 minutes ago, Sam_Boger said:

maybe Alford will bring his recruiting class with him

You think that recruiting class is going to UCLA for Alford? Lol

4 minutes ago, Rookie33 said:

Who cares??!!-- it's 2017 -- people need to move on from RMK already.

It would be cool if he did show up, but I don't care one way or the other. While we're on the Alford topic I was just wondering what other people thought and if anyone knew what the relationship between the two is like. 

Ok now I'm really beginning to think that the "insiders" have been un-masked or are in the process of being un-masked! Seriously 0708 has said previously that things could change quickly and is only reporting what he hears one min it's strong case for BD, then it's gone and there's janitors the out west reference to possibly Alford, the millers, Stevens, Marshall, and so on. sooo much is spilling out its hard to keep straight who's doing who and what's going on where. With as quickly as word can spread, it's very well possible that all this inside info is being put out to cloud the clear path of what glass is really up too. Maybe he is a little more sinister than we ever thought, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

56 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

Donovan and Stevens are as close to a "sure thing" for success as possible.  Being NBA coaches, with playoff teams, probably makes them harder "gets" as well.  The one thing about those two is that they would get near unanimous acceptance and enthusiasm.

The next handful have varying degrees of fan preference.  Those coaches also come with less of a guarantee of success (but still very likely to be major improvements, IMO).  The problem with this period of speculation and rumor is that fans begin to form stronger opinions for and against those candidates.  IMO, those names like Miller(s), Bennett, etc. all would give reason for optimism.  I believe and hope most will be supportive of the selection.

Now if there is no new coach, or one of the lower tier guys is picked all bets are off.

Stevens and Donovan are the only two that are guaranteed success. But Archie Miller has HUGE potential. Matta is probably gone after this season so Ohio State worries me in that regard. I personally think Archie is just waiting for Ohio State to want him. That would be a big blow if Donovan is gone too

And starting at center from Rochester, New York, #31..

image.thumb.jpeg.2a47c0190512a392a78ff529c7e10832.jpeg

(I didn't know which thread to post this in but it was too funny not to share so I put it in the one with the most traffic)

It took me a minute to realize what was going on, but I recognize that format anywhere. This is incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Mizzou is interviewing Keno Davis and Brad Brownell has became an option as well. Looks like Crean will battle him again for a job lol. It does worry me their starting interviews. That says nothing is a done deal yet. If Clemson opened up I could see Crean there though. The hope train is circling though.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app