Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

Agree, but the states 5 best recruits over two classes would be getting close.  Rosters, playing time, needs, etc. also play into it.  I hope there is someway to land Brooks even with Smith, Durham, Hunter, Anderson, Moore, and possibly Watford.  That would be a ton of wings to have room for another.

I'd take either Brooks or Watford.  I really want Brooks though.

I'd take either Brooks or Watford.  I really want Brooks though.

I really like Watford. I am not as high on Brooks as most though. I saw him 5 times this last season and he just did not look like a 5*. You could see skill but kids with effort or size routinely beat him. I don’t know what’s changed for AAU but hopefully he found the switch and leaves it on.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I really like Watford. I am not as high on Brooks as most though. I saw him 5 times this last season and he just did not look like a 5*. You could see skill but kids with effort or size routinely beat him. I don’t know what’s changed for AAU but hopefully he found the switch and leaves it on.

Handling the ball more. Point forward. Good chemistry with TJD and currently hot shooting streak. He DOES not was to be a POWER forward or a big. North side wasn’t utilizing him like he wanted. But then again when u are 6’8 in HS coaches want you to play inside.

Handling the ball more. Point forward. Good chemistry with TJD and currently hot shooting streak. He DOES not want to be a POWER forward or a big. North side wasn’t utilizing him like he wanted. But then again when u are 6’8 in HS coaches want you to play inside.

Handling the ball more. Point forward. Good chemistry with TJD and currently hot shooting streak. He DOES not want to be a POWER forward or a big. North side wasn’t utilizing him like he wanted. But then again when u are 6’8 in HS coaches want you to play inside.

Should we worry about his coachability then? I agree with you he didn’t like how he was utilized this year. I mean he sat out that one game with the various rumors. He isn’t always going to get what he wants at college. How will he react?

Should we worry about his coachability then? I agree with you he didn’t like how he was utilized this year. I mean he sat out that one game with the various rumors. He isn’t always going to get what he wants at college. How will he react?

Good question? IDK. I think he is a good kid. He isn’t Malik Williams. I think he and the staff could lay out expectations ahead to prevent such problems.

18 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I was watching a very recent TJD highlight video and Brooks threw him a few really nice lobs. Not a lot of guys his size have that ability at 17 years old. He's definitely a 3. 

Good question? IDK. I think he is a good kid. He isn’t Malik Williams. I think he and the staff could lay out expectations ahead to prevent such problems.

I think at this point if he wanted to come of course I would love it and be ecstatic he is here. If I had a choice? It would be Watford. Just watching him, the things that happened last season, I feel he has a higher bust rate. Not on a Hanner level. If all works well he could be what we hoped Hollowell would be. Really torn on this kid.

Would it be accurate to say that Brooks is raw with more NBA potential, but Watford is more likely to contribute immediately? That seems to be the vibe I'm getting, in which case I would much rather have Watford. 

This may have been the consensus a few months ago. Not sure it’s the case now or in a year from now.

This may have been the consensus a few months ago. Not sure it’s the case now or in a year from now.

If he carries it into his senior year or longer than two weekends I would definitely agree. He has been impressive over the last two weekends for sure. I think he has more upside than Watford. I think at this point the sample size to say he is Watford’s equal isn’t there. Watford has been putting up the numbers for a while now consistently.

7 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Good point. He’s not going to walk into a blue blood program and be able to play like he does on the circuit. Now he might get sold that bill of goods but it won’t be reality. Unless he wants to go to Vanderbilt.

11 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Hey Chris, is it going to be an either or situation? TJD is a far different position. Wonder if or why we wouldn’t/couldn’t take on both?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

They'd take both.

9 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Go to Twitter and search Khalileo Terry dunk. That reverse alley oop and see the old Indiana fan’s reaction. It’s priceless!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That's Troy Williams like. Just plain nasty!