Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

10 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Then I would say Buckner can be the new AD if he wants.

I actually spoke with Buckner a few weeks ago.  He was more than willing to talk about the Paul George trade drama, but IU he was more reserved.  He was fairly neutral and said, "Everyone wants to blame Crean, and I'm not defending him, but injuries did effect them in a big way."  For what its worth.  No he isn't a regular connection of mine.

Just now, Cheaney40 said:

Big snow storm up there I believe... Could've hindered attendance...

More likely no one wants to attend NIT games. Illinois had under 5k and even GT had 5,500 including the free tics Pastner bought. Their's no doubt IU would of drawn 5k if they hosted game. Question is do we prefer that to playing on road? Many would say yes. As I've said I think the NIT debacle and not hosting game is small potatoes but a very important piece in a larger puzzle that has gone haywire with IU basketball in general.

4 minutes ago, Dizz said:

I actually spoke with Buckner a few weeks ago.  He was more than willing to talk about the Paul George trade drama, but IU he was more reserved.  He was fairly neutral and said, "Everyone wants to blame Crean, and I'm not defending him, but injuries did effect them in a big way."  For what its worth.  No he isn't a regular connection of mine.

No single player is an excuse for a team beating 2 number 1 seeds and still missing the tourney. That's a leadership problem. 

He posted it behind the Scout paywall. It's there. He hasn't had much luck with coaching speculation so I wouldn't take it as 100% gospel. Not much has changed imo. Still nothing concrete either way.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I read it all. Someone who know coaching searches told Rabby they'd guess if they had to that Crean was staying. I wouldn't look much into it. Members over there when nuts to get info and basically demanded they post what they hear. So now they are doing that. Don't believe they are happy doing it as it leads to this stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

What if the board of trustees led by Quinn Buckner who covers the Pacers has been the ones that have been talking to Donovan. Buckner would have the connections to do it.

Buckner said on a radio show 2 years ago that he "knew for a fact that Donovan and Indiana had discussions." Also mentioned that it was the Donovan camp that reached out initially. So at one point in time, Billy Donovan wanted the Indiana job. Not sure about the rumors now but past interest, paired with changes in his current situation, make it much easier for me to believe there is a chance.

Just now, VO5 said:

Was away for the night, saw we hit 1000! Has something changed since we heard Hickory say Crean was done basically?

rabjohns posting that he heard crean was staying. hickory and 0708 saying 99% he is gone. thats all i know

1 minute ago, HoosierTrav said:

Buckner said on a radio show 2 years ago that he "knew for a fact that Donovan and Indiana had discussions." Also mentioned that it was the Donovan camp that reached out initially. So at one point in time, Billy Donovan wanted the Indiana job. Not sure about the rumors now but past interest, paired with changes in his current situation, make it much easier for me to believe there is a chance.

wooooooow. Billy Donovan wanted to coach IU. Great job, Fred. 

48 minutes ago, Aaron said:

My only memory of these teams is a 92-93 Indiana Basketball I rented from the library and watched maybe 20 times. Love that video. I missed the best and became a fan in 97 due to age.

Glad you saw some good IU basketball, even if it wasn't live.

2 minutes ago, cljones1979 said:

rabjohns posting that he heard crean was staying. hickory and 0708 saying 99% he is gone. thats all i know

****Rabjohns post was the opinion of two people he talked to. Later on in the same thread Rabjohns clarified that it was only opinion and not official