Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

3 hours ago, monskisprodigy said:

Just read that he was the backup, and came in essentially for the last couple drives, as the starter got hurt. Once he came in the marched, along with their defense forcing two fumbles. Wild. 

I would of thought he had the tools to start at that level. I remember at one point trying to mental gymnastics myself into thinking he could lead our team moving forward haha. 

I was never a Dexter (the player) fan, but man it was ELECTRIC when he somehow beat MSU up there in maybe the ugliest/strangest football game I’ve ever seen. 

This is interesting... 

The NCAA is examining the loophole exploited by the Oregon Ducks at the end of their victory over the Ohio State Buckeyes where they intentionally took a penalty for having 12 men on the field.

As the final seconds ticked away in Saturday’s contest between the two freshly-minted Big Ten rivals, the Ducks were called for a 12-men penalty. This put Ohio State five yards closer to field goal range but more importantly, time was taken off the clock and got Dan Lanning and his team closer to a marquee victory.

At the time, the foul was seen as a harmless one but social media caught up pretty quick. Turns out, Lanning intentionally sent 12 players onto the field for the play, giving his secondary an extra player. The pass from Will Howard fell incomplete, the sequence took four seconds in its entirety. And since the penalty was considered a live-ball one, no time was added back out.

After Lanning admitted to the penalty being intentional, the move hasn’t sat right with the NCAA, or many fans outside of Eugene. According to Ross Dellenger of Yahoo Sports, the NCAA is trying to figure out a way to ensure the tactic doesn’t become commonplace in college football.

https://www.on3.com/news/ncaa-examining-rule-loophole-oregon-used-vs-ohio-state-with-intentional-penalty/

B1G Network trying to hype up a game with a four TD spread. 

LOL. 

One thing I will say, though -- the B1G schedule makers didn't do our new West Coast friends many favors. Many Friday night and noon Saturday games after traveling across the country. 

May be an image of ‎text that says '‎BIG BIG NETWORK 9 P RECENT PURDUE REGULAR SEASON GAMES VS. AP NO. 2 2018 ក្របង្អេ្ញេ W 49-20 VS. OHIO STATE (ה-6.0-ט) VS כללו (1-5.0-3) OP 0-3) (1-5. 8 BP.M. ET ROSS ADE STADIUM 2021 W 24-7 AT IOWA 2023 M L41-13 AT MICHIGAN‎'‎

On 10/15/2024 at 1:17 PM, AZ Hoosier said:

The next step will be the Big Ten having OSU and Oregon get back on the field for the final 10 seconds and tell the refs to keep throwing flags until OSU scores and play it out. 

5 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

How do you go from winning it all to having Jack Tuttle as your starting QB? He's no better now than he was way back in his fourth year of college. 

I think we will smoke UM. 

Big 12 officials doing a giant solid for Iowa St against UCF. Gives them a what would’ve been a marginal PI call even if the throw didn’t land 20 ft out of bounds and then flat missed a false start on the go ahead TD.