Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

Just now, theriverpilot said:

Wash pulled it out but man that was way more difficult than it needed to be! From the incomplete pass that stopped the clock on the 10 to not taking a knee. Whew. Awful game management

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And they might have lost their top RB for the title game. There was absolutely no reason for that to happen. 

I just don't understand UW's final offensive series. Very strange play calls. 

3 minutes ago, theriverpilot said:

And how in the heck did Penix not win the Heisman again?? He was amazing tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because hanging a billion yards on Georgia State is considered a Heisman moment. Still blows my mind. 

Just now, Hovadipo said:

A CFP semifinal game ending at midnight central on a work night for almost everyone is just insane. Either put them on a Saturday every year or FIGURE SOMETHING ELSE OUT.

Ended at 1 a.m. out here on the coast!

The whole Penix story is IU football in a nutshell.
Meh...his story never ends the same at IU. I am just appreciative of the short excitement we had with Penix and DeBoer. But to think this could've been us is just not likely.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

For the 1st time in years I'm ok with either team winning the title. Obviously I'd prefer Penix and DeBoer but I have never really hated UM. I lived there for a short stint and their fanbase was really quite humble and not at all irritating to me.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

BTW, don't know if this got pointed out ... 

In its past two games -- B1G title game and Citrus Bowl -- Iowa was outscored 81-0. 

How can a Power 5 college program, ranked in the Top 20 no less, go 120 minutes without scoring! 

If the AD hadn't stepped in and done the deed, Ferentz probably still wouldn't have fired his son as OC.