Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I read the other day Tim Langford said decision to come at END of April. Previously it was something like April 13-30?

Just a silly recruitment IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah. It’s a bit ridiculous at this point. I’m going on nothing but feel here but this recruitment reeks. Whether he chooses IU or not....something is going on with this one, I’m convinced. 

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I read the other day Tim Langford said decision to come at END of April. Previously it was something like April 13-30?

Just a silly recruitment IMO.

Does April 30 not qualify as the end of April? 

29 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

What happened to being adamant we'd get the last visit.

sticking with my non IU prediction. 

To the Langfords credit they have handled this extremely close to the vest.  I still say Vandy but I've also said pay close attention to the announcement location.  If it was Vandy or KU common sense would say announce this week at the McDonald's game.  It it's in New Albany common sense says it has to be IU.  I can't believe the Langfords would be dumb enough to announce in front of a very pro IU crowd that he's going elsewhere.   If that was the case he should just call the coaches and let them know and skip a formal announcement.  If IU fans are looking for a reason for optimism a New Albany announcement would be it.

UL could have done better? Who had better then a 70% winning percentage during this time that's even remotely comparable to Xavier? If you question the Mack hire then you should have hated the Archie hire. Last year they went to the E8 as an 11 seed by beating a 6 seed, 3 seed, and 2 seed. 

Why in the world would anyone think that a school with the current sanctions levied against them and the uncertainty of what may happen after the FBI probe think that there are better candidates that would accept that job? SMH!

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Why in the world would anyone think that a school with the current sanctions levied against them and the uncertainty of what may happen after the FBI probe think that there are better candidates that would accept that job? SMH!

That's certainly how I see it. 

12 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

His comment was in reply to my statement that I thought Mack was an ok coach but not outstanding. I never stated I thought they could do better but i was a little surprised they gave him 4 mil for seven years. I'm not sure I believe he'll do any better than Padgett would've. 

Like it or not Arch will be judged heavily moving forward on this recruit. Bottom line you have to close which goes a long way with other top in state recruits. Then you have to do it on the floor and that hopefully starts with Romeo. 

45 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

To the Langfords credit they have handled this extremely close to the vest.  I still say Vandy but I've also said pay close attention to the announcement location.  If it was Vandy or KU common sense would say announce this week at the McDonald's game.  It it's in New Albany common sense says it has to be IU.  I can't believe the Langfords would be dumb enough to announce in front of a very pro IU crowd that he's going elsewhere.   If that was the case he should just call the coaches and let them know and skip a formal announcement.  If IU fans are looking for a reason for optimism a New Albany announcement would be it.

Be careful making the location argument. I made the same one with Garland and a couple of our brethren on here essentially called me an idiot. That being said, I agree that an announcement in front of the locals would be a positive indicator. But the kid is such a legend down there and so beloved that he could probably announce for the University of Pyongyang and still get carried out of the gym. 

Like it or not Arch will be judged heavily moving forward on this recruit. Bottom line you have to close which goes a long way with other top in state recruits. Then you have to do it on the floor and that hopefully starts with Romeo. 

I disagree. This is such a crazy recruitment, nobody is going to judge Archie heavily if Romeo goes elsewhere. He's already shown he's starting to reclaim the state... But he's never going to get EVERYONE.

I'd love for Romeo to come to IU but still say we're in great hands next year with a fantastic recruiting class coming, even without Langford.

That being said, come on up to Bloomington Romeo!

Sent from my XT1650 using BtownBanners mobile app

If anyone judges Coach Miller on this recruitment, I would question their ability to do simple math like 2+2.

I won’t judge Archie here, Except, I will judge his ability to get 5 stars until he lands one or 2.

I won’t blame Archie no matter what, but will just question WTH we have to do land the states best going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app