Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

1 minute ago, Iugradman said:

I wonder when our official visit gets scheduled.

No clue, but I find it interesting that he's going to their version of Hoosier Hysteria for his official, while we're an unofficial. I'm guessing that that is cost related. It's easy/cheap to make a quick trip up to Bloomington as opposed to UNC. Anyway, I like that we're gonna get him on campus twice and have the chance to roll out the red carpet for him. 

Romeo's HS school, Jim Shannon, on with Kent Sterling today.  13" clip.  Stressed that Romeo's parents are controlling his recruitment process.  Also discussed the back problems Romeo had earlier this summer but believes they've been overcome.

http://kentsterling.com/2017/09/11/new-albany-coach-jim-shannon-talks-opening-of-recruiting-season-for-romeo-langford-iubb/

I have said for awhile but a 3rd school will emerge in the Romeo sweepstakes to make us sweat even more. UNC, UK(not likely) or Vandy has been my guess but I just think he is tired of everyone just assuming he is going to U of L or IU. I believe whether serious or not it gets thrown out there as a curveball.

17 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

I have said for awhile but a 3rd school will emerge in the Romeo sweepstakes to make us sweat even more. UNC, UK(not likely) or Vandy has been my guess but I just think he is tired of everyone just assuming he is going to U of L or IU. I believe whether serious or not it gets thrown out there as a curveball.

I believe some chatter has Kansas as number 3

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

According to rabjohns IU was only school watching Romeo last night

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Another great thing about having the rest of our class accounted for. Romeo gets our full attention while the other coaches going after him are still recruiting kids in this class. 

54 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

According to rabjohns IU was only school watching Romeo last night

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Not surprising because he isn't the #1 guy for most of the other schools that are recruiting him or the other schools think he is a long shot and aren't wasting their resources. 

Another great thing about having the rest of our class accounted for. Romeo gets our full attention while the other coaches going after him are still recruiting kids in this class. 
Romeo is almost a must get if we are to have a good team a year from now. We are losing a ton and none of the 2018 recruits seem like immediate impact players. Maybe hunter we need a 5 star imo.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Bailey7878 said:

Romeo is almost a must get if we are to have a good team a year from now. We are losing a ton and none of the 2018 recruits seem like immediate impact players. Maybe hunter we need a 5 star imo.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Damezi Anderson will help spread the floor and score on offense day 1. His defense will be a work in progress. 

14 minutes ago, HoosierMatty said:

The question is whether we are the leader now or is it still Louisville? I feel like no one is recruiting him harder now than us.

Sent from my SM-G935T using BtownBanners mobile app

I feel IU is the leader. Louisville is obviously still in it but I'd watch for Vanderbilt. If Romeo and Garland truly want to play together, it's not far fetched for Vanderbilt at all. No matter the case, I still think Romeo to IU