Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

38 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Realistically, we missed on Darius Garland last year and people thought the world was ending. Look how that turned out. Just have to take this  one year at a time. Hopefully next year we start to turn the corner.

It turned out with us sucking butt this season.  Or are you referring how it turned out with Darius, because that turned out horrible for him and Vandy.

I don't remember anyone thinking the world was ending when Garland decided to pass on Indiana.  There were a bunch of folks who bad mouthed him and Vanderbilt. But I don't think anyone thought it was disastrous since Phinisee had already committed.  The problem with Brooks passing on Indiana is that none of the players scheduled to return are true scorers. If Brooks chooses IU, we will have a big mobile player capable of creating his own shots. Without him, we have Trayce Jackson-Davis to replace Morgan but no one to replace Romeo. As bad as we seem to be this year, that makes it unlikely we will improve much if at all next year. That's why so many are concerned about Brooks going elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

As I have said today I think we are behind right now. I think a win tonight could help but not heard anything positive since before the UK visit. 

Win would be nice but Dakich is on the mic tonight so it’s more likely Brooks will hear Dan go on and on for two hours saying Archie does not know how to incorporate Romeo in the offense.

I don't remember anyone thinking the world was ending when Garland decided to pass on Indiana.  There were a bunch of folks who bad mouthed him and Vanderbilt. But I don't think anyone thought it was disastrous since Phinisee had already committed.  The problem with Brooks passing on Indiana is that none of the players scheduled to return are true scorers. If Brooks chooses IU, we will have a big mobile player capable of creating his own shots. Without him, we have Trayce Jackson-Davis to replace Morgan but no one to replace Romeo. As bad as we seem to be this year, that makes it unlikely we will improve much if at all next year. That's why so many are concerned about Brooks going elsewhere.
Brooks is kind of crucial though given we dont know if hunter will be healthy enough to play next year. That would be two big 6'7 wings we would not have. It would hurt

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Kentucky only has two people in mock drafts going first round. So more than likely most of their team will be coming back along with the recruits they have coming in. Keion probably won’t even start his freshmen year. If it comes down to what he said in that he wants to go where he is needed than IU has that over Kentucky

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Kentucky only has two people in mock drafts going first round. So more than likely most of their team will be coming back along with the recruits they have coming in. Keion probably won’t even start his freshmen year. If it comes down to what he said in that he wants to go where he is needed than IU has that over Kentucky

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Exactly. UK doesn’t make any sense for a kid that Cal already passed on for others in his position.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app