Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

IU vs Wisconsin Post Game Thread

I'll say it again. Adjust. IU was doing a lot of hacking. Sticking Hartman on Hayes wasn't the answer.

I agree that was a bad matchup but there were also times we were just trying to get position off the ball or hardly banging him and they still blew the whistle. Not much to adjust to other than the matchup, but it was always the same result. The post off ball fouls were definitey not called each way

I'll say it again. Adjust. IU was doing a lot of hacking. Sticking Hartman on Hayes wasn't the answer.

Its hard to adjust though if you can't body someone up. It will be a foul or a layup. No excuses, but the refs did give Wisconsin way more calls. That's the life on the road, but to not say the refs sucked is wrong.

I'll say it here, I told my friend this just now. We will finish 5th6th in the big ten. Make the dance, lose in the first round and we will be right back here next year talking about the same crap with the same guy in charge.

Quote me in a year boys!

Go knock on wood

difference was melo hit his shot at the end of the game, yogi missed his anyone else think he could of drew a foul on Hayes

See this is the thing. We try to go around and avoid them and guess what it is not a foul then.

Yes if he leans into Nigel he gets smashed and gets that call.

Not all the fouls on Nigel were hacks. Some were. But coach could have realized what they were doing and adjusted. PLUS he lets NIGEL catch inbounds on that final play. Dude had hit like 8 in a row. That defensive inbounds play was WORSE than the offensive inbounds play at the end.

Its hard to adjust though if you can't body someone up. It will be a foul or a layup. No excuses, but the refs did give Wisconsin way more calls. That's the life on the road, but to not say the refs sucked is wrong.

Agreed. How do you defend if you're afraid of getting a whistle for just playing the game? Still had chances to overcome, but goodness...

Didn't say they didn't suck I'm just saying IU seemed content to let the game be called that way. Made 0 adjustments defensively. A lot of those fouls were legit. We act like this doesn't happen at Assembly Hall as well.

This loss may not hurt us all that much, we just have to win against Minnesota, at Penn State, and hopefully beat Iowa at home to give them their 2nd loss after Maryland hopefully beats them tomorrow.

If we can pick up a win over Michigan on the road, that'll negate this one.

We can do it.