Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

IU vs Wisconsin Post Game Thread

You are supposed to adjust from a guy getting touch fouls every time down the court. Er ok.

You have to do something other than continue to do the same things that are causing these fouls. You know they are calling it tight and you feel they are calling tight one way, as a coach you adjust. Sticking Hartman on Nigel wasn't going to work.

Sorry if it offends anyone I just think it is a cop out to blame the refs. IU had plenty of opportunities to win the game in the second half and couldn't hang on to the ball or play any sort of defense on Happ. Questionable substitutions late in the game and in OT. IU had their opportunities and didn't capitalize.

Agreed. 100% agreed.

Sorry if it offends anyone I just think it is a cop out to blame the refs. IU had plenty of opportunities to win the game in the second half and couldn't hang on to the ball or play any sort of defense on Happ. Questionable substitutions late in the game and in OT. IU had their opportunities and didn't capitalize.

We had some opportunities but it's hard to win when the other team shoots 2 FTs every trip down. 20 fouls on us in 2nd half and overtime and they took 23 FTs in the last 10 mins.

I thought most fouls on Hayes were legit hacks. JUST MHO THOUGH. MAYBE STEP IN FRONT OF HIM ONCE MAYBE.

UR CAPS LOCK GOT STUCK.

Hayes just touched a basketball, Was awarded free throws.

How many of you knew that we would try to have Yogi flash across the court, running towards the scorers bench to catch the inbounds pass. I was telling my family that would be our play before they even broke the huddle.

If I knew this Wisconsin surely would too.

I would be ok with a shot that misses badly if we could just get a shot. We have to be like 10% on end of game plays

That's the thing. Wisconsin isn't a good team. 2 guys with ref help beat us. Maryland beat them at Wisky and so did some other teams that are junk. This isn't the UW of the last 15 years. This loss sucks.

difference was melo hit his shot at the end of the game, yogi missed his anyone else think he could of drew a foul on Hayes

We all knew we were going to get jobbed. And we did. But, we still had the win in hand in final minute. Didn't make the plays.

That's my thing. The officiating was definitely in Wisconsin's favor, but IU missed a lot of easy plays. There was one call on OG where it looked like he just looked at him and the refs called a foul. I normally never blame the refs, but they were awful!!! Not a cop out, just calling a spade a spade.

We had some opportunities but it's hard to win when the other team shoots 2 FTs every trip down. 20 fouls on us in 2nd half and overtime and they took 23 FTs in the last 10 mins.

I'll say it again. Adjust. IU was doing a lot of hacking. Sticking Hartman on Hayes wasn't the answer.