Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IU vs Ottawa Game Thread

So jealous. I'm thinking of selling a bunch of out of conference games and using the money to upgrade to GA for Purdue and Maryland :biggrin:

if you have and are willing to sell tickets to Creighton or Nebraska, I am interested. Did not get those two.

How many GA tickets did you get? I got 4 this year, only had 2 last year. Didn't know if it was due to "points" from last year or just better packages this year

Thanks in advance to those who will be at the game and offering updates.  Your impressions of our defensive effort will be most appreciated since Ottawa manhandled us last season by routinely driving the lane and then kicking the ball out for open 3's, plus our lack of defensive prowess all of last season. 

Will there be Pick 'Ems for this game or only regular season?

Regular season.

Even if we got a Pick 'Em up in time, it doesn't seem fair to have one up for like what, 8 hours? Just rewarding the people who can sign on at work or don't work.

Correct me if I'm wrong Dalton or DJ

Have to admit, i forgot IUBB had a game today.

In fact, i've sort of lost interest in our Hoosiers. Ever since that Syracuse lost a couple years ago, my IUBB feelings haven't been the same.

However, it's a new year, I'm now an Alum. Maybe being an alum will make my love of IU basketball come back?

Anyways, my starting line up

Yogi

James

Troy

Collin

Thomas

Keys to this season?:

Yogi has to be yogi: He needs to be the leader/ the 08' Kobe if you will. 

Foul trouble: our front court is a little slim if we get into foul trouble, lets hope Thomas learns quickly how to play defense in the B1G

Troy Factor: Is Troy williams a factor in the game? If not, we may be in trouble. I believe he's a bigger fact than James. 

This is probably one of the more interesting squads under the CTC era.. Not really sure what to expect since we've lost a few players. Not really sure what our Freshman can bring to the table as well.. we shall see

Just bought $6 tickets on stubhub. Soooo ready for some live IU basketball action!

Good move. My rule is always, if the ticket price is 150% or less than the amount I'm going to spend on beer to watch the game, then go. Heck, if you can get 6 dollar tickets to all three BTN+ games it will be cheaper for you to go than for me to watch from home!

So, usually anything under 20 bucks. Which, I guess is 200% unless I'm at a bar.

Not that it matters, since the plane ticket really kills the deal.

Have to admit, i forgot IUBB had a game today.

In fact, i've sort of lost interest in our Hoosiers. Ever since that Syracuse lost a couple years ago, my IUBB feelings haven't been the same.

However, it's a new year, I'm now an Alum. Maybe being an alum will make my love of IU basketball come back?

Anyways, my starting line up

Yogi

James

Troy

Collin

Thomas

Keys to this season?:

Yogi has to be yogi: He needs to be the leader/ the 08' Kobe if you will. 

Foul trouble: our front court is a little slim if we get into foul trouble, lets hope Thomas learns quickly how to play defense in the B1G

Troy Factor: Is Troy williams a factor in the game? If not, we may be in trouble. I believe he's a bigger fact than James. 

This is probably one of the more interesting squads under the CTC era.. Not really sure what to expect since we've lost a few players. Not really sure what our Freshman can bring to the table as well.. we shall see

I'm curious where you stood with the Hoosiers pre-Crean. For the most part I can figure out people's history with the team, but I'm lazy. The points of comparison depending on when someone started watching are always interesting to me. I wish we could tag posters so I could see that info quickly. You're a recent alum so probably born post championship?

Just bought $6 tickets on stubhub. Soooo ready for some live IU basketball action!

Enjoy.  I had a friend offer me some free tickets for tonight since he couldn't go, but unfortunately I can't either.  Stupid parent/teacher conferences aren't over until 7:00.  Thankfully it's on radio so I can catch the start on the way home.  

Enjoy.  I had a friend offer me some free tickets for tonight since he couldn't go, but unfortunately I can't either.  Stupid parent/teacher conferences aren't over until 7:00.  Thankfully it's on radio so I can catch the start on the way home.  

Honestly though, if the parents with the conferences scheduled at 6 or later don't understand that Indiana Basketball should come first, then I don't need a conference to tell them their kids have no future.