Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Magnanimous

IUFB HC Candidates

@gerrydinardo: B1G 2016 Recruiting Update Ranking based on Star's 1 OSU 2.PSU,3.MSU,4 UM,5.Neb,6.UW ,7 Minn,8.RU,9,NU,10.Maryland 11.PU 12.Iowa 13.ILL14.IU

This is going to be a crazy offseason in college football with all the coaching changes. We have a real opportunity to steal some recruits if we can just go bowling and get some momentum. Otherwise, it is going to be very hard to gain ground unless we start over.

I'd be very hesitant to go out and get a new coach right now with how many big time openings are popping up. Doesn't leave a lot of room for a great hire IMO

Which really stinks for us, considering the position we are in when speaking of CKW's contract situation. He needs to be extended or fired. I'm not sure he has earned an extension. If you would have asked me last year, I would have staunchly opposed firing him. He brought some excitement to the program. He recruited well and has a high octane offense. This season has weakened my support of CKW significantly though, like a boxer being worn down by taking body shots for an entire match. The defense is downright embarrassing and makes it hard for me to watch. They are so predictable that I dont need to watch the game to know whats going to happen. Sadly I dont think this is going to change until we pony up and pay top notch assistants competitive wages. I really do want CKW to succeed.  He's one stubborn defense away from having a team that can beat the big boys on a regular basis. Has to be frustrating for him, I imagine.

I'd be very hesitant to go out and get a new coach right now with how many big time openings are popping up. Doesn't leave a lot of room for a great hire IMO

It feels like that every season to me. And honestly, for the big time openings? We weren't competing for the same coaching pool that they are. The people looking for a new coach at USC are not looking at the same coaches we are. We don't have the clout and we don't offer enough money. We already only pay "Football School Coordinator" money much less trying to hire away a head coach at a respected school.

Watching this Carey vs Campbell game right now..... They have to both feel like they're auditioning for other jobs right??

Unless Glass is willing to drastically increase the football budget and get Bo Pelini and pay for top assistants, I am swaying toward giving CKW an extension barring blowout losses against UMD and Purdue. Carey or Campbell might bring some initial excitement to the program, and a different mid-west based recruiting strategy, but they both run spread based offenses. Both are sure to go through the same growing pains as CKW went through.

We already have a great offense. Carey's offense requires a mobile QB, which is different from any of our recent recruits outside of Diamont.

While we are letting up lots of yardage, the defense is aggressive. We are getting takeaways and sacks. The team has played every game this season competitively. This team just needs to put away games. After getting over the shock of the RU loss, I am confident we are trending up.

The risk/reward of getting someone like Carey/Campbell to replace CKW isn't worth it.

Let's beat Iowa and lock this topic! :)

Because he's just DYING to come here?

Just naming people. Could be on the hot seat if he doesn't turn it around. I doubt it but..... We can dream and if glass put out the $$$$ and he was free I think we could get him. I like Gary. It doesn't help his QB matty Ice decided to throw away the season and they had a horrible TD drought. A dreamer can dream. I love Wilson tho. At least we don't have Norvell and Todd graham as our coaches. ASU is pitiful

I pulled this from USA Today (no date was shown so I'm not certain if it's 100% up to date accurate) but whenever the next hire occurs, I'd like to see us open the purse strings to about $2.5-$2.7m per year for our coach.  This would put us within the median of the B10 as far as base salaries are concerned.  Right now Kevin Wilson is the 65th highest paid coach (speaking school-based annual figures) and 12th in the B10.  We've come a long ways from paying Hep $300k in 2006, but we still have a substantial gap to cover.

Michigan Jim Harbaugh $7,004,000

Ohio State Urban Meyer $5,860,000

Penn State James Franklin $4,400,000

Iowa Kirk Ferentz $4,075,000

Michigan State Mark Dantonio $3,671,520

Nebraska Mike Riley $2,700,000

Minnesota Jerry Kill $2,500,000

Northwestern Pat Fitzgerald $2,490,858

Wisconsin Paul Chryst $2,300,000

Purdue Darrell Hazell $2,140,000

Maryland Randy Edsall $2,110,648

Indiana Kevin Wilson $1,312,277

Rutgers Kyle Flood $1,250,000

Illinois Bill Cubit $915,000

I pulled this from USA Today (no date was shown so I'm not certain if it's 100% up to date accurate) but whenever the next hire occurs, I'd like to see us open the purse strings to about $2.5-$2.7m per year for our coach. This would put us within the median of the B10 as far as base salaries are concerned. Right now Kevin Wilson is the 65th highest paid coach (speaking school-based annual figures) and 12th in the B10. We've come a long ways from paying Hep $300k in 2006, but we still have a substantial gap to cover.

Michigan Jim Harbaugh $7,004,000

Ohio State Urban Meyer $5,860,000

Penn State James Franklin $4,400,000

Iowa Kirk Ferentz $4,075,000

Michigan State Mark Dantonio $3,671,520

Nebraska Mike Riley $2,700,000

Minnesota Jerry Kill $2,500,000

Northwestern Pat Fitzgerald $2,490,858

Wisconsin Paul Chryst $2,300,000

Purdue Darrell Hazell $2,140,000

Maryland Randy Edsall $2,110,648

Indiana Kevin Wilson $1,312,277

Rutgers Kyle Flood $1,250,000

Illinois Bill Cubit $915,000

For crying out loud, Hazell gets over 2 mil. MD and the Illini will probably bump their pay up with new hires.
What was Beckman making before he got canned?