Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Magnanimous

IUFB HC Candidates

I really don't think we should be letting Glass make this call.  When both your football and basketball coaches are on the hot seat because of performance and neither program has a stellar record on behavior its time to start looking at new ADs. 

The Ravens suck, so maybe Crean could convince the other Harbaugh to coach here.  It'd also give us some return on investment from that stupid contract of his.

That would actually be pretty amazing. I wonder how the Harbaughs would feel about getting to play each other every season on a team they have total control over so it's actually like a good marker of who is a better coach. Are we willing to pay 8 million a year?

That would actually be pretty amazing. I wonder how the Harbaughs would feel about getting to play each other every season on a team they have total control over so it's actually like a good marker of who is a better coach. Are we willing to pay 8 million a year?

@MikeMillerHT: John Harbaugh was briefly an IU football assistant. From the 1997 yearbook: #iufb http://t.co/CAXYWLA3qs

[attachment=2752:ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1445272571.201235.jpg][attachment=2753:ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1445272589.838703.jpg]

@MikeMillerHT: John Harbaugh was briefly an IU football assistant. From the 1997 yearbook: #iufb http://t.co/CAXYWLA3qs

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBtownBanners1445272571.201235.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByBtownBanners1445272589.838703.jpg

It's a homecoming for him too then! This is the greatest possible timeline, free up that 8 million. I prefer this fantasy world to the one where I imagine John comes to the Niners and completely rights the ship. Someone else can handle that, no one can handle IUFB.

Been a huge fan of NIU forever and I couldn't imagine Carey anywhere else after NIU. He's the kind of guy who lets the team know when they aren't playing well, and let's the fans know what he wants. IU alum and a great character guy. Would absolutely LOVE if he came home.

Guys we know Iu is never going to pay up for a top tier football coach. That being said we should go with someone like Kevin Kelly. A proven high school coach who rarely punts. We know we will never have a defense here therefore we need the ball as much as possible. And we know in 5 more years we will be looking again. So after 20 years of same old same old,what do we really have to lose. At least it would be more entertaining.

Guys we know Iu is never going to pay up for a top tier football coach. That being said we should go with someone like Kevin Kelly. A proven high school coach who rarely punts. We know we will never have a defense here therefore we need the ball as much as possible. And we know in 5 more years we will be looking again. So after 20 years of same old same old,what do we really have to lose. At least it would be more entertaining.

We could always hire a defensive minded coach..... rather than acting like it is impossible to have a good defense. 

I'll put this here for reference. If we want a guy that will recruit Ohio hard:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/mac/2015/10/20/toledo-rockets-college-football-coach-matt-campbell/74271496/

He might listen to a 1.2 or 1.3 offer, more than double what he's currently making.  Probably a little more realistic than Jeremy Pruitt, although I would love to have Pruitt.

He might listen to a 1.2 or 1.3 offer, more than double what he's currently making.  Probably a little more realistic than Jeremy Pruitt, although I would love to have Pruitt.

I didn't see that in the article, though I only half read it. He's making around $500k? Wow, wait, CKW only makes 1.2?

If he's as hot as they say, I doubt we'll be his only offer and may have to go higher. Though, I'm not going to get started complaining about how tight our purse strings are again.

CKW has three ways this season can play out for him. He wins a couple games, gets a bowl, stays forever. He loses like usual, but basketball season starts and we all forget he exists. Penn State fans win out and James Franklin is fired and replaced by CKW (alternatively, he may end up as an OC at another big school).

It's pretty much win-win-win. He can stay here and keep working this job into a better HC position or go to a football school and get paid just as much as he does now (Penn State doesn't release assistant salaries, but Bob Shoop reportedly makes around 1.3) and later leverage back out into an HC position.

I didn't see that in the article, though I only half read it. He's making around $500k? Wow, wait, CKW only makes 1.2?

If he's as hot as they say, I doubt we'll be his only offer and may have to go higher. Though, I'm not going to get started complaining about how tight our purse strings are again.

CKW has three ways this season can play out for him. He wins a couple games, gets a bowl, stays forever. He loses like usual, but basketball season starts and we all forget he exists. Penn State fans win out and James Franklin is fired and replaced by CKW (alternatively, he may end up as an OC at another big school).

It's pretty much win-win-win. He can stay here and keep working this job into a better HC position or go to a football school and get paid just as much as he does now (Penn State doesn't release assistant salaries, but Bob Shoop reportedly makes around 1.3) and later leverage back out into an HC position.

Making 495K according to the article.  Yeah, a quick Google search says Wilson is paid 1.2 which is near the bottom of the conference.  The previously mentioned Jeremy Pruitt?  1.3 as a DC.

Campbell has done a pretty good job at Toledo so I'm sure bigger programs will come calling.  He might listen to 1.2 or 1.3 since it's such a big raise, but he may not want to take over a dumpster fire.

Making 495K according to the article.  Yeah, a quick Google search says Wilson is paid 1.2 which is near the bottom of the conference.  The previously mentioned Jeremy Pruitt?  1.3 as a DC.

Campbell has done a pretty good job at Toledo so I'm sure bigger programs will come calling.  He might listen to 1.2 or 1.3 since it's such a big raise, but he may not want to take over a dumpster fire.

The great thing about IU football though, is it really isn't a dumpster fire. We're definitely bad, but we're just bad because of weak recruiting, low depth, and poor play-calling. All totally fixable with a new coach. Even the pieces we already have are young and decent for our abilities. This is nothing like what Crean walked into across the parking lot, it's a pretty functional team that needs discipline and coaching. 

We have low expectations and get really excited when something good happens. And when a coach uses us as a stepping stone to a better program we'll be sad but totally get it. It's not a bad gig.

The great thing about IU football though, is it really isn't a dumpster fire. We're definitely bad, but we're just bad because of weak recruiting, low depth, and poor play-calling. All totally fixable with a new coach. Even the pieces we already have are young and decent for our abilities. This is nothing like what Crean walked into across the parking lot, it's a pretty functional team that needs discipline and coaching. 

I'm still stinging from blowing a 25 point lead to friggin' Rutgers.

I'm still stinging from blowing a 25 point lead to friggin' Rutgers.

We all are. But, that's like, the prototypical Indiana football loss, and not even the first time (coughMinnesota2013cough). It keeps coming down to silly coachable mistakes. And Toth. A new coach could find a new punter. Just pick someone from the stands.

Making 495K according to the article. Yeah, a quick Google search says Wilson is paid 1.2 which is near the bottom of the conference. The previously mentioned Jeremy Pruitt? 1.3 as a DC.

Campbell has done a pretty good job at Toledo so I'm sure bigger programs will come calling. He might listen to 1.2 or 1.3 since it's such a big raise, but he may not want to take over a dumpster fire.

Reports say Campbell is not on UMD's list. Luckily for us, if we are in the market for a head coach, the three AAC head coaches (Houston, Memphis and Temple) will be the hot names. I doubt any of those three guys would even consider IU.

IF we were to hire a MAC coach, Campbell would be a great fit. MSU, and even UK, have built great recruiting classes recruiting OSU/UM leftovers in Ohio. We need to hire a coach who has strong Ohio connections who will treat that area as in state. We can't let a school like UK continue to encroach on our recruiting grounds.

U PU fans(opps i mean IU fans) needs to cool your jets....
PU wanted to get rid of Tiller and go to the next level, and they idid, the Basement!!!!!
Wilson is turning this program around, and some the coaches have to learn also....
This will make the Coaching staff better and the Players better...
Don't f*** up and get rid of a coach and spend another 5 or 6 years to build a program to do the same thing!!!!
Wilson is getting players to come to Indiana that normally would not....
I can confirm that....
My Grandson grew up in Lafayette...
I lived next door to Greg Olson, at the time PU quarter back coach, so Brandon grew up knowing Drew Brees...
His other grand parents both worked at PU, his father Graduated from PU. Only thing that was in his closet was Black And Gold...
He chose IU over 11 other University...

U PU fans(opps i mean IU fans) needs to cool your jets....
PU wanted to get rid of Tiller and go to the next level, and they idid, the Basement!!!!!
Wilson is turning this program around, and some the coaches have to learn also....
This will make the Coaching staff better and the Players better...
Don't f*** up and get rid of a coach and spend another 5 or 6 years to build a program to do the same thing!!!!
Wilson is getting players to come to Indiana that normally would not....
I can confirm that....
My Grandson grew up in Lafayette...
I lived next door to Greg Olson, at the time PU quarter back coach, so Brandon grew up knowing Drew Brees...
His other grand parents both worked at PU, his father Graduated from PU. Only thing that was in his closet was Black And Gold...
He chose IU over 11 other University...

Let's not even start with the calling our fans PU fans crap. That got old a long time ago.

That is just what you guys sound like...
Lets fire, Lets get so and so...
Arm chair QB's....
The Man will build a winning program just set back and let him do his job....