Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Magnanimous

Petition for permanent IU script football helmets

I'm a Block IU Trident guy with the interlocking I and U to form the IU Trident.  That's our logo, and I think it is one of the best university logos in college sports, and also one of the best logos in the world of logos.  I also really like the Block I.

On top of that, I also like the new helmets, the helmets from last year, and this year's newbies.

I have to wonder if someone was simply overcome with drunken college gameday zeal when they proposed the petition lol.  Everything is a good idea when you are drunk.  No offense intended to those who think the new script is the greatest helmet ever made.  I just don't agree.  Strongly.  Even if it is an OK helmet.

I just don't think it is better than the Block IU Trident, our logo, or the Block I, our tradition, or the State Flag recently added to the mix, or good enough to forfeit our freedom to introduce new helmets in the future.  The new helmets always seem to be wildly popular and fun, and nearly all of them are worth bringing back again.  Keep em coming.  Don't stop now.

We have a lot of cool helmets imo, no reason to make one our permanent helmet. I bet a lot of the recruits we get find the chrome helmets to be the coolest we have, not the script Indiana. I like it and we can add it to our arsenal, but we shouldn't make it our permanent helmet.

While I don't necessarily mind having multiple helmets, I like having one standard look.  I'd rather we have one as our primary, and use the others as occasional alternates; i.e. use the block I if we want a throwback look, or the state flag if we when we smack Purdue around or if we restarted the UK game.

That being said, I'd like to see us break out a carbon fiber helmet for a game.

I signed! i like the traditional script.

What's traditional about it?

It's a brand new style of helmet, never used before, unveiled for a football game against Western Kentucky.

The only tradition we have with that helmet is we are 1-0 wearing it.  Against Western Kentucky.  38-35.  In 2015.

I'm not trying to break your balls.  I am just trying to make a point.

If you like tradition, try the Block I or the Block IU.  We went to the Rose Bowl wearing the Block I.

What's traditional about it?

It's a brand new style of helmet, never used before, unveiled for a football game against Western Kentucky.

The only tradition we have with that helmet is we are 1-0 wearing it. Against Western Kentucky. 38-35. In 2015.

I'm not trying to break your balls. I am just trying to make a point.

If you like tradition, try the Block I or the Block IU. We went to the Rose Bowl wearing the Block I.

Your point kind of falls flat considering the script is traditional...football or not, that font is an IU tradition. That's all he said.

I, too, like the chrome helmets the best.

Working in the candy stripe is something that I think would be cool to see across all IU sports. It's sort of our unique thing, kind of like how Tennessee does the checkered orange and white but ours is WAY cooler.

Your point kind of falls flat considering the script is traditional...football or not, that font is an IU tradition. That's all he said.

I am mildly interested in hearing your argument that the script Indiana is traditional.  Can you elaborate?

When I think IU tradition, I think Block I or IU Trident, not Indiana script.

I am mildly interested in hearing your argument that the script Indiana is traditional.  Can you elaborate?

When I think IU tradition, I think Block I or IU Trident, not Indiana script.

I would say it is not traditional on uniforms, but the script Indiana has been around as long as I can remember.  Have purchased a lot of clothing over the years, with Script Indiana on the front.

OK now you are really reaching lol.

Seriously, that's your argument?

Again, Block I = tradition

IU Trident = tradition

Indiana cursive script = something else not even close to that level, and not even trying very hard

The more I think about it, I don't even like the cursive script Indiana, especially when it is placed next to real IU traditions.