Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

FindEndNow

LeBron James not a class athlete?

There is a lot of LBJ bashing on here and pretty much any site you go to. I've never understood why. Guy is great at the game. Can go down as the greatest ever. But I just wanna know why some think he isn't great and why some think he isn't classy.

Nothing against him personally, because I don't think he is a bad guy, but anyone who allows themselves to be portrayed in this manner....

lebron_large.jpg

....is an egotistical ****** in my book who I can never consider a real adult. Same goes with his handling of "The Decision." I don't care how good at a game you are. It goes up there with:

new-york-yankees-third-baseman-alex-rodr

There a reason why people loved Derek Jeter. No matter how good he was, he never let himself act like the world revolved around him. Stephen Curry appears to be cut from the same cloth (along with Dirk Nowitzki, Manny Pacquiao, Tim Duncan, etc.)

Lebron bashing has nothing to do with his game. But what would expect when you you've been treated like royalty since you were 12.

Like others have said, great athlete and great basketball player. He does a lot right by staying out of legal trouble, not cheating on his wife/family, and eventually going back to Cleveland. He's just not the superstar I would back. It seems like he constantly has to remind people he's good and tries to control what people think of him.

Why do you feel like you still have a chance in this series?
- we've won games in this series and I have confidence if we play together as a team we still have a chance.

How do you feel about possibly losing the series and still getting MVP?
- I don't vote on that. My job is to go out and lead the Cavs to a win.

Let others talk about your greatness and stop complaining every little call.

I don't understand all the hate either. He is the best player in the world and I have no problem that he said it. LeBron has always been an idol of mine and I think he's one of the classiest players in the NBA. People who complain about him flopping and whining to the refs have never watched any other NBA player, because he isn't even close to the worst, he's just the most covered and, therefore, is more exposed to the hate.

Whether you like it or not, LeBron will end up being one of the top 2 players in the history of the NBA. He's the greatest athlete I've ever seen, hands down.

I think it's a generational argument, I remember arguing with my grampa till I was blue in the face that MJ,MAGIC, AND BIRD were the best ever because that's what I thought, he would always come at me with Wilt,Russell, and Pistol Pete, because that's what he saw. My boy constantly tells me LeBron. Whose right? I still contend overall it's MJ.

He is a step behind MJ. He is not the greatest ever. Anybody who says that likely never seen Jordan in his prime. Dude put up the numbers and won. 6 finals and 6 titles with the numbers. Lebron is great. Probably top 3 great but when you follow Jordan after what he did and win 2 out of 6 it is hard to say it. He still is the best in the game today.

I do know he is already one of the best nba players ever. I don't know if he is classy or not, considering I have never actually met him. I can't ever take what the media portrays of a person. I really like the fact that he bowed to jim brown before a game. I thought that was an extremely classy thing to do. I'm not a Lebron fan, but definitely gained respect for him after that

Maybe it was just me but I seem to remember him basically walk off the court while his team mates stuck around and shook hands....that stuff bothers me to no end. Besides that I guess a lot of people don't like him because he's so popular and you get tired of hearing about him all the time.

Maybe it was just me but I seem to remember him basically walk off the court while his team mates stuck around and shook hands....that stuff bothers me to no end. Besides that I guess a lot of people don't like him because he's so popular and you get tired of hearing about him all the time.

He went and basically shook all of the Warriors' players and coaches hands at a stoppage right before he came out for the last time.

He went and basically shook all of the Warriors' players and coaches hands at a stoppage right before he came out for the last time.

Ya I saw that but I mean when you lose on that level I suppose it's really frustrating

He was quoted as saying that he should of been MVP of finals.

The only quote I seen/read was him being asked if he deserved it and saying something along the lines of winning a title was more important.

Also saying in his post game presser that he would almost rather not make the playoffs than lose in the finals... What?!
I just can't picture MJ, Magic, Bird, or other greats saying that.

I could see them all saying that honestly.