Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

FindEndNow

LeBron James not a class athlete?

Also saying in his post game presser that he would almost rather not make the playoffs than lose in the finals... What?!
I just can't picture MJ, Magic, Bird, or other greats saying that.

I guess you missed the rest of the quote?

No, I didn't miss it. I just don't see the greats who have killer instincts say or think something like that. To me, it shows LeBron's greatest weakness.

He said in a moment he thought that. Then he locked back in and thought about how great it was to make the Finals.

He went and basically shook all of the Warriors' players and coaches hands at a stoppage right before he came out for the last time.

This.... Why did he do this? He did it because he knew the cameras would see him do it... Why doesn't everybody shake hands before the game is over? Because that's not the way to do it, get in a line WITH your TEAM and shake the other team's hands... It is all about Lebron... But he finds a way to make it all about Lebron.

And if he says making it to the Finals is an accomplishment, people accuse him of settling.

Possibly, I just think there's a difference between being a great and saying you're a great. This has been bugging me for awhile why I think this way though.

This.... Why did he do this? He did it because he knew the cameras would see him do it... Why doesn't everybody shake hands before the game is over? Because that's not the way to do it, get in a line WITH your TEAM and shake the other team's hands... It is all about Lebron... But he finds a way to make it all about Lebron.

Pro teams don't get in lines. You know this right? The camera is going to catch LeBron doing anything. Before, during or after the game. Weak excuse to not like him.

"He's cursed as much as I am." - MJ on Kobe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmRfGK5z_R8

"If you want to have fun like I did with Bill Walton you play with LeBron but if you want to win and win and win, it's Kobe."  - Bird on Kobe vs. LeBron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecS0D-Vxh8Y

"He's cursed as much as I am." - MJ on Kobe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmRfGK5z_R8

"If you want to have fun like I did with Bill Walton you play with LeBron but if you want to win and win and win, it's Kobe."  - Bird on Kobe vs. LeBron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecS0D-Vxh8Y

Ugh, whatever. Kobe is one of the most overrated players in the history of the game. Give me LeBron every single time

Bird is threatened by LeBron, huh? Just guessing, MJ would put his greatness up amongst anyone and everyone.
Why do they say those things about Kobe then? I guess you missed the rest of the clips.

Why? Because they don't want to say LeBron is better. LeBron can end up better than both. And I'd say he's already better than Bird. They both know Kobe can't be better than them because Kobe played with someone better than himself.

I don't mind him saying he's the best player in the world because it's true and it adds a little fuel to the series. Makes it more fun for me to watch. "The Decision" was a very immature and disrespectful thing to do and not the right move on his part. Although it's so easy to hate him because he gets so many calls that other players don't (it's not his fault) but when he doesn't get a call, it's not stop whining an pleading. Just cut that shit out and own up to either committing the foul or be okay that your not gonna get every call.

Why? Because they don't want to say LeBron is better. LeBron can end up better than both. And I'd say he's already better than Bird. They both know Kobe can't be better than them because Kobe played with someone better than himself.

this is why I like Jordan's commercial where he said that the best player debate is the wrong question. They should be debating the best TEAM.