Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

FindEndNow

LeBron James not a class athlete?

Pro teams don't get in lines. You know this right? The camera is going to catch LeBron doing anything. Before, during or after the game. Weak excuse to not like him.

Did you not watch Game 6 until the end? Lebron went to the Warriors bench when he was removed from the game... then after the final horn sounded the rest of the Cavs formed a line and went and shook hands with the Warriors players/staff while Lebron walked back to the locker room by himself...

They may not always show it on TV but Pro Team do get in lines especially after BIG games, season ending, Series ending games.... no they don't do it after every game but they do it for specific games.

Why does everybody hate the Pistons for walking off the court at the end of their reign??? Because the "Correct" thing to do in that situation is man up, shake the other teams hand, and congratulate them on their victory.

And I dislike Lebron (Hate is too strong for a guy I have never personally met) and this is 1 of the reasons but it isn't the only... as others have said it is "The Decision", the self proclaimed nickname, the CONSTANT whining about every call (I know you will say all players do this but not to the level he does), it isn't just giving the ref a look, or even raising his arms like "Hello you gonna call that?", but he makes a point to keep talking to the ref well after the play is past, just move on and get back on Offense or defense or whatever.

Even going back to Cleveland, proclaiming he wants to bring a championship home... but then saying it will take a few years to get the team ready for that type of success then going out and getting all the pieces (Maybe you can't put this on Lebron but I do).... If he is so great he should be able to elevate the players around him to greatness, not load up on other better than average NBA players to win a title.

I don't follow the NBA much but this is just my $0.02

The loading up on other great players thing is laughable to me...

Duncan had Parker, Ginobili, and Robinson.

Kobe had Shaq then Pau.

Jordan had Pippen and Rodman.

Bird had McHale, Parrish, and DJ.

Magic had Kareem and Worthy.

Russell had Cousy, Havlicek, Jones, and Heinsohn.

This isn't a new thing. I think people just don't like the idea that players would utilize free agency or trades to find better opportunities. Should teams not utilize these avenues to become more competitive? Should great players not want the best teammates possible? I think this is a pretty silly argument.

The loading up on other great players thing is laughable to me...

Duncan had Parker, Ginobili, and Robinson.

Kobe had Shaq then Pau.

Jordan had Pippen and Rodman.

Bird had McHale, Parrish, and DJ.

Magic had Kareem and Worthy.

Russell had Cousy, Havlicek, Jones, and Heinsohn.

This isn't a new thing. I think people just don't like the idea that players would utilize free agency or trades to find better opportunities. Should teams not utilize these avenues to become more competitive? Should great players not want the best teammates possible? I think this is a pretty silly argument.

Here is why Jordan is the greatest player of all time. Lebron has similar skills but not on his level. How many titles did Jordan had before Rodman came? What did the Bulls turn into with Rodman? 72 win team. Jordan didn't have a large role in Pippens career? Horace Grant? Bill Cartwright? Toni Kucoc? BJ Armstrong? Steve Kerr? John Paxson? Will Perdue? That is who MJ won 6 titles with. You think Lebron wins 6 carrying this team? Hell no. Lebron went 2 for 4 with D wade and Bosh. D Wade = Pippen. Bosh > Grant. 4 opportunities for James with the Heat. 4 for Jordan without Rodman. I will take Jordan and how great he was at both ends of the floor over Lebron. For me it's not close, but without a doubt Lebron is top 5 of all time.

Edit: I should have also added how dominant Jordan's teams were in the playoffs. Once he won that first title was he even pushed to more than a couple game 7s? I doubt it. His teams dominated due to him with the players I listed. Let's not act like Pippen was = to Kobe or something. He was a role player that hovered just south of 20 ppg. Rodman was a rebounder. Jordan carried his teams.

Here is why Jordan is the greatest player of all time. Lebron has similar skills but not on his level. How many titles did Jordan had before Rodman came? What did the Bulls turn into with Rodman? 72 win team. Jordan didn't have a large role in Pippens career? Horace Grant? Bill Cartwright? Toni Kucoc? BJ Armstrong? Steve Kerr? John Paxson? Will Perdue? That is who MJ won 6 titles with. You think Lebron wins 6 carrying this team? Hell no. Lebron went 2 for 4 with D wade and Bosh. D Wade = Pippen. Bosh > Grant. 4 opportunities for James with the Heat. 4 for Jordan without Rodman. I will take Jordan and how great he was at both ends of the floor over Lebron. For me it's not close, but without a doubt Lebron is top 5 of all time.

Edit: I should have also added how dominant Jordan's teams were in the playoffs. Once he won that first title was he even pushed to more than a couple game 7s? I doubt it. His teams dominated due to him with the players I listed. Let's not act like Pippen was = to Kobe or something. He was a role player that hovered just south of 20 ppg. Rodman was a rebounder. Jordan carried his teams.

If LeBron had Jordan's mental game....
What LeBron is blessed with as an athlete and dominant physical abilities Jordan was blessed with the mental aspect that much more.

If LeBron had Jordan's mental game....
What LeBron is blessed with as an athlete and dominant physical abilities Jordan was blessed with the mental aspect that much more.

Well said

I completely agree Jordan is the best ever. His teams around him were good, though certainly not loaded like the Lakers and Celtics of the '80s. I just think Lebron gets a lot of unnecessary hate. It's fine not to like his personality and I get why he can run people the wrong way (although he is the epitome of a superstar team-first player), but some people seem to viscerally hate him for very marginal reasons and want to point out every little meaningless thing as if it's proof he's some type of villain. I'd say he's turned out remarkably well considering the hype he's had from a very young age.

Very insightful. Good work.

I was irritated at myself why I don't see LeBron like others on here do. There's more videos out there from NBA legends but these two stood out to me. I don't enjoy the shenanigans surrounding LeBron but from a purely basketball standpoint I do appreciate what he does.