Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hutch89

Where will our transfers commit to?

Jeremiah April was our best center and best post offensive player. For one he was our only center. He also had the only part moves. Prilla shot a 3 maybe 2? Did he make one? And Hanner just caught dump offs. I saw Hanner do as many post moves as April in a season. April's looked more fluid. Was dumb to never play him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbwmzcnCF50

Jeremiah April was our best center and best post offensive player. For one he was our only center. He also had the only part moves. Prilla shot a 3 maybe 2? Did he make one? And Hanner just caught dump offs. I saw Hanner do as many post moves as April in a season. April's looked more fluid. Was dumb to never play him.

You are supposed to have to earn playing time.  He didn't, he didn't impress much in the little time he did get.  Not to mention the rumor that April didn't work very hard and didn't know the playbook.  He also wasn't our only center technically, because in this system Hanner was a center and so is Holt.

April was never a B1G caliber player, he was on the roster because Crean was in full desperation mode and doesn't know that you can actually leave a scholarship open.

I have no idea how you make this leap. The coach and staff did not see it at practice. We did not see anything resembling that in games. In fact his season was as follows:

Appeared in four games this season, playing a total of 17 minutes ... scored six points, grabbed five rebounds and blocked a pair of shots ...

Those are pretty decent stats for your 1st 17 minutes of D1 ball.

If Bryant has 6/5/2 in his first half of basketball, few will be pissed.

Too bad it took a whole seasin to accumulate 17 mins of play. I wonder why D1, 2, or 3 schools came hard after such a terriffuc producer.

D1 schools were coming after him while we were. We just decided that Hanner Perea and Colin Hartman could hold down the 5 perfect.

D1 schools were coming after him while we were. We just decided that Hanner Perea and Colin Hartman could hold down the 5 perfect.

What did last year's team have to lose? They were awful anyways.

Too bad it took a whole seasin to accumulate 17 mins of play. I wonder why D1, 2, or 3 schools came hard after such a terriffuc producer.

He produced when he got time. He's not the one who put him in the games.

I get that he supposedly wasn't a hard worker and supposedly didn't understand the playbook, but the couple moments he played, he wasn't a non-factor. I'd have liked to have seen what a Junior April could have done here. 

Why is everyone so worried about the productivity of the 12th or 13th man?

Those are pretty decent stats for your 1st 17 minutes of D1 ball.

If Bryant has 6/5/2 in his first half of basketball, few will be pissed.

What competition did he face though? He minutes in a few games when we were winning big at the beginning of the year and a few minutes when we were getting blown out against Louisville. Easy to put up stats when the game is pretty much over

I'm not saying he was a world beater or ever will be.

I know the competition wasn't high, but he had to play who he was put in to play.

Weren't his stats better than MSB's?

If it was easy to put up stats in blowouts, why does a team that has 92 points with 4 mins to go often fail to break 100, when the scrubs are in?

What the heck are we talking about here?  Jeremiah April as our best Post player?  Really?  I hope you're not serious.  Nobody knows anything about April, really, after his year in Bloomington.  We only know that he had a garbage basket or two, was tall, and uh.....   I don't see how anyone could get the impression that April garnered more playing time based off of the small sample size that he had.  Are we questioning Tom Crean now on how April was somehow robbed out of minutes?  Let's please not make a big deal over Jeremiah Freakin April.  

If it was easy to put up stats in blowouts, why does a team that has 92 points with 4 mins to go often fail to break 100, when the scrubs are in?

You aren't understanding what Im saying. He put up 6 points in 17 minutes over 4 games. Two points against Savannah St,  scored 2 points against Mississippi Valley State, none against Louisville when he played, and scored two against Rutgers. He scored two buckets against cupcakes at the end of games and scored a bucket at the end of a Rutgers game. You're hypothetical situation about a team failing to reach 100 really has nothing to do with April. He got in and scored a bucket when it didn't matter, a lot of players did that. Fact is that April couldnt even get it done in practice to earn enough minutes. I would've be for seeing him get a shot cause he did show potential but lets not start acting like scoring 6 points against low competition is a big deal. He chose to leave anyways

You aren't understanding what Im saying. He put up 6 points in 17 minutes over 4 games. Two points against Savannah St, scored 2 points against Mississippi Valley State, none against Louisville when he played, and scored two against Rutgers. He scored two buckets against cupcakes at the end of games and scored a bucket at the end of a Rutgers game. You're hypothetical situation about a team failing to reach 100 really has nothing to do with April. He got in and scored a bucket when it didn't matter, a lot of players did that. Fact is that April couldnt even get it done in practice to earn enough minutes. I would've be for seeing him get a shot cause he did show potential but lets not start acting like scoring 6 points against low competition is a big deal. He chose to leave anyways

Well because he wants minutes. Our Crean told him to leave. Our both. Still don't get Priller staying but it's whatever. I'd rather have April honestly. But then again when you think about it.. Hanner, PJ and Hollowell would be Seniors next year.

Hanner, PJ & Hollowell a/k/a Moe, Larry & Curly or perhaps Groucho, Harpo and Gummo.  They would be seniors and what would we have for a team based on the on-court performance we got collectively from the trio while they were on the team?  Strictly my opinion, but we didn't lose much at all with their departures.

Hanner, PJ & Hollowell a/k/a Moe, Larry & Curly or perhaps Groucho, Harpo and Gummo. They would be seniors and what would we have for a team based on the on-court performance we got collectively from the trio while they were on the team? Strictly my opinion, but we didn't lose much at all with their departures.

Well I liked those 3. In fact I think Hollowell should have started his freshman year. I liked PJ because of his name plus he was a shot blocker (you can't teach timing) but was never healthy so we can't ever be mad at him. We also can't be mad at HMP because he did fairly well with what he was given his Junior year. He really didn't play at all his first two years and had to sit out games along with PJ. Hollowell sat out games that year too.

Well I liked those 3. In fact I think Hollowell should have started his freshman year. I liked PJ because of his name plus he was a shot blocker (you can't teach timing) but was never healthy so we can't ever be mad at him. We also can't be mad at HMP because he did fairly well with what he was given his Junior year. He really didn't play at all his first two years and had to sit out games along with PJ. Hollowell sat out games that year too.

Who should Hollowell started over? Yogi? Hulls? Sheehey too? Believe he didn't work in practice or when "competitions" in practice.

Who should Hollowell started over? Yogi? Hulls? Sheehey too? Believe he didn't work in practice or when "competitions" in practice.

Sheehey didn't start during Hollowells freshman year. I think it should have been Yogi, Vic, Hollowell, Watford and Zeller. With Hulls, Sheehey and Elston the first 3 off the bench. I think it would have been best for Hollowell and the team.

Sheehey didn't start during Hollowells freshman year. I think it should have been Yogi, Vic, Hollowell, Watford and Zeller. With Hulls, Sheehey and Elston the first 3 off the bench. I think it would have been best for Hollowell and the team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIrA6iCke2M