Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mdn82

Post Game IU vs. Northwestern

The question is, who is coming in on a white horse to save the day? They say 2017 is supposed to be a pivotal class in Indiana. Guess we can rerank them after college. Would make more sense anyway.

maybe, that's the answer. Get a coach that can recruit 2017 in-state! No faith in Crean concerning recruiting. I don't care how long he's been in with these kids, he'll lose in the end.

His batting average in recruiting will make ARod look like a stud! Swing and miss.

My take away from tonight's game: Crean lost slew of supporters. Can think of at least 3 staunch supporters on here that have fallen off the Crean wagon. So, surprised by that but not surprised in the slightest that we lost. I go to all the games we play at Northwestern and feel like we get out shit handed to us ever time.

When we got down by 8 early in the second half, my boy and I headed for the Chinese restaurant. Sadly that's how much confidence I have in this team.

Since I couldn't watch/listen to the 2nd half, I followed the Indiana State vs Wichita State game on ESPN scorecenter. Sad huh?

maybe, that's the answer. Get a coach that can recruit 2017 in-state! No faith in Crean concerning recruiting. I don't care how long he's been in with these kids, he'll lose in the end.

His batting average in recruiting will make ARod look like a stud! Swing and miss.

Yea, Im not falling for help is on the way in 2017.

Just got back from the game, haven't read the thread. The 2 hr trip turning into 4 hrs due to crappy Chicago weather hasn't helped my mood one bit.

Disgusting. That crowd was at least 60/40 IU, and that"s what we paid to watch? The IU fans I chatted with......ya, not digging what CTC is laying down.

I feel for you, dude.

So does every other sport not matter?  This is silly.

ADs in the power conferences are mostly judged on the performances of the two major revenue generating sports of football and basketball. Having successful baseball, soccer and other programs is a positive, but those sports do not pay the bills for the entire athletic department and don't carry the weight of the two major sports. 

I do not believe Crean or Glass are going anywhere this year unless they decide to leave on their own terms. Having said this and if IU does not make the NCAA tournament, Glass didn't do himself or Crean any favors last year when he made the statement in regards to turning down the GBI tournament. 

I believe IU makes the dance if they can either split the last two games or win one in the league tournament.

0 pts in 10 mins of play I mean wtf happened bad team effort should of stop shooting so many 3 keep driving and go to the strip better than going 3 of 18 from deep in the second half and I just want to say Stan doesn't need to step on the court if want someone to defend the post when hanner isn't in the the answer would not be an undersized guy try the football player at least he will bang around with them guys and on the other he has nice looking shoot I think he could score with a little more practice

I think Glass gets it and will do what it takes to save his job. I don't think it happens this offseason unless we totally collapse and make the nit. I think he gets one more year.

I agree. These next two games are EXTREMELY pivotal for Tom Crean. He literally needs a sports miracle to save his job. It has nothing to do with whether Fred Glass supports him. Once he loses the fanbase and his most staunch supporters, he's a gonner. A change needs to made swiftly this offseason if we plan on making a run at the 2017 class. If we wait to make the change during their senior seasons, we stand zero chance.

0 pts in 10 mins of play I mean wtf happened bad team effort should of stop shooting so many 3 keep driving and go to the strip better than going 3 of 18 from deep in the second half and I just want to say Stan doesn't need to step on the court if want someone to defend the post when hanner isn't in the the answer would not be an undersized guy try the football player at least he will bang around with them guys and on the other he has nice looking shoot I think he could score with a little more practice

Hard to determine what u are trying to say but I agree about Jordan Fuchs. From what little I have seen, he looks like he fights awfully hard for position (even when the game doesn't matter) and also seems to have a little touch on his shot. Stan is waaaaay more limited offensively than Jordan.

And a fine seven point play that was! With nine seconds remaining. lol Crean was fired up and ready to win it! You could see it in his eyes......."Fire flew from his fingertips as he sharpied up that board"! :yes:

Ya know if this wasn't the team I have loved since a kid it would be comical! Really....Its gotta be entertaining as hell for people to watch who really don't give a crap! Its like..Hey, Clappy the Clown plays tonight! What bar we gonna watch the show in? And we have that Butt Wipe from Cuse making fun of us! pUKe fans actually saying we deserve better and feeling sorry for us...WTF??!!

I remember Knights first run in the NCAA almost beating UCLA with Steve Downing and Co. I remember the best college basketball team in history...the 75 and 76 teams. I remember Zeke and Jimmy and Co. in 81 doing their thing. And I remember Stevie and Co. doing it in 87..Damn, you young ones out there, yes I mean you Dukie and Hova and the "Tool" lol and the rest...you deserve to see REAL Indiana basketball in person, not just You-Tube video's of before you were born...For Hells sake!! Come On FRED!!! WAKE UP!

Passion!

And a fine seven point play that was!  With nine seconds remaining.  lol  Crean was fired up and ready to win it!  You could see it in his eyes......."Fire flew from his fingertips as he sharpied up that board"!  :yes:

Ya know if this wasn't the team I have loved since a kid it would be comical!  Really....Its gotta be entertaining as hell for people to watch who really don't give a crap! Its like..Hey, Clappy the Clown plays tonight!  What bar we gonna watch the show in?  And we have that Butt Wipe from Cuse making fun of us!  pUKe fans actually saying we deserve better and feeling sorry for us...WTF??!!

I remember Knights first run in the NCAA almost beating UCLA with Steve Downing and Co.  I remember the best college basketball team in history...the 75 and 76 teams.  I remember Zeke and Jimmy and Co. in 81 doing their thing. And I remember Stevie and Co. doing it in 87..Damn, you young ones out there,  yes I mean you Dukie and Hova and the "Tool" lol  and the rest...you deserve to see REAL Indiana basketball in person, not just You-Tube video's of before you were born...For Hells sake!!  Come On FRED!!!  WAKE UP!

I'm old to dang it...don't leave me out...lol