Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

bleedhoosier

Perspective with stats

We have a top 10 offense as rated by KenPom and are top 5 in points per game. Who cares what Knight would do with James Blackmon? Crean is doing a pretty damn good job with him.

Was tongue in cheek, sorry. Trust me, the last thing that I would criticize is the Indiana offense. I wonder if some watch other games around the country...

We have a top 10 offense as rated by KenPom and are top 5 in points per game. Who cares what Knight would do with James Blackmon? Crean is doing a pretty damn good job with him.

The offensive stats look great but the elephant in the room is defensive efficiency which currently stands at  172 nationally.That wont get it done.I think its getting better but still a long way to go.

Let the doomsayer attacks begin even if misguided.

Agreed on the defense. I like the trend of the rebounding and I think we will see the defensive trend the same direction. We still have a lot of young blood on the floor and in no way we're they going to just come in and kill it on d at the collegiate level. However, Holt deserves so kudos here as he has been excellent in his short minutes

Agreed on the defense. I like the trend of the rebounding and I think we will see the defensive trend the same direction. We still have a lot of young blood on the floor and in no way we're they going to just come in and kill it on d at the collegiate level. However, Holt deserves so kudos here as he has been excellent in his short minutes

I agree.

As Hanner and Holt learn their positioning in the zone and Troy or whoever has weak side help consistently it'll only get better.

The guards have to do a better job of keeping the opposition out of the lane.We cant funnel them  like the Ky's and the Louisville's of the world do .Just don't have the size or depth in the front court.

I'm sure CTC is aware and working on it.Like you said its trending up.

I'm sorry, but I read your post and thought.... Geez, IUBB must be THAT bad as whole if we are ecstatic that we've beaten good teams.

I see this as: "Tom Crean is fulfilling the MINIMUM requirements to coach at IU. I don't care who we beat and what their ranking is. I care about the tournament and Banner 6. If we beat 100,000 top ten teams it will all be for nothing if he doesn't win the big dance."

It's like UK or Louisville fans have told us we're a joke, and we've responded with... "We've won against some good teams during the regular season.... Then they flash their rings and we cry."

I'm sorry, but I read your post and thought.... Geez, IUBB must be THAT bad as whole if we are ecstatic that we've beaten good teams.

I see this as: "Tom Crean is fulfilling the MINIMUM requirements to coach at IU. I don't care who we beat and what their ranking is. I care about the tournament and Banner 6. If we beat 100,000 top ten teams it will all be for nothing if he doesn't win the big dance."

It's like UK or Louisville fans have told us we're a joke, and we've responded with... "We've won against some good teams during the regular season.... Then they flash their rings and we cry."

Im sorry to say it, but this adds nothing to the conversation. 

I would say u are one who will see IU as a failure under Crean until we hang a banner. Maybe I'm wrong. These are stats to show that this current version of IU is (in the big picture) starting to reflect the old one sans championship banner. So with that, maybe us fans should enjoy the ride a little more.

Here is my general thought right now. We are trying to run a coach out of town who has a team with the beginning traits of being a banner hanger. What else do we need next year other than a elite center?

Didn't want to start a complete sunshine pumper post or anything. Rather, let's take a bet and see while still early, we are becoming more than we have been in many years. What if this team makes a sweet 16 run? Then we have been there 3 out of the last 4 years. I still want a banner but few teams would actually be able to hold that stat.

I'm just still in the camp where although not extremely pleased with Crean's ability to be elite, we may do a lot of harm wanting him gone. Unless it's the likes of Pitino and crew, what's the value in moving on without Crean really? To bring in another coach whose ceiling seems to be 16 ' s to final fours?
We have that so let's hope Crean hasn't reached his potential either as a coach.

Didn't want to start a complete sunshine pumper post or anything. Rather, let's take a bet and see while still early, we are becoming more than we have been in many years. What if this team makes a sweet 16 run? Then we have been there 3 out of the last 4 years. I still want a banner but few teams would actually be able to hold that stat.
I'm just still in the camp where although not extremely pleased with Crean's ability to be elite, we may do a lot of harm wanting him gone. Unless it's the likes of Pitino and crew, what's the value in moving on without Crean really? To bring in another coach whose ceiling seems to be 16 ' s to final fours?
We have that so let's hope Crean hasn't reached his potential either as a coach.

How is Crean's ceiling Sweet 16's-Final 4's? He has made one final four, and he needed an absolutely exceptional talent to get there. Other than that he has only made the Sweet Sixteen. We should be aiming for higher than just making the Sweet Sixteen