Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Kyleweberiu

Stan and Troy

He shouldve just stayed and got the minutes/experience like a Hansborough. Not saying he isn't better than him, because I think he is, but the situations are comparable

Ok we get it.  Apparently you think if he stayed at IU for four years he would have developed more?  Or are you saying that he should of stayed at IU just so we would have had a chance to win another Conference Championship?  I guess I fail to see your point even bringing up Cody Zeller on this particular thread.  Not trying to be a D*ick but the whole Cody should be a Senior or Noah should be a Soph is a very weak argument.  Turnover is rampant among College Teams, do you say the same thing for Michigan with the amount of players they've had go Pro over the past seasons?  If their players stayed then they'd be a shoe in for the Confernce Title.  

Never said you did. Just pointing out that immediately believing anyone who shows up on an anonymous forum and claims to have insider knowledge isn't a very smart way to handle fandom. I'm perfectly willing to accept you're telling the truth, but the blind unquestioning acceptance of what you said simply because it fits an existing narrative isn't something I like to see in my fanbases. It's just too easy and I'm too much of a stickler to believe so quickly.

What you're saying is a good point. People can absolutely come on here and say whatever they please and it is best to approach things with a bit of skepticism. 

In this case...

I've never heard the story that guy shared but I can assure you it jives with some things I do know...I was told before the transfer that Fischer had a few issues. He was homesick. He was upset with practice routines that led to an injury. And he had asked Crean for his roommate to be changed and was denied.  

After the transfer I heard a lot of the homesick stuff and really do think that played a role. Again, I can't endorse that exact story for you, but it does not surprise me....at all. 

What you're saying is a good point. People can absolutely come on here and say whatever they please and it is best to approach things with a bit of skepticism. 

In this case...

I've never heard the story that guy shared but I can assure you it jives with some things I do know...I was told before the transfer that Fischer had a few issues. He was homesick. He was upset with practice routines that led to an injury. And he had asked Crean for his roommate to be changed and was denied.  

After the transfer I heard a lot of the homesick stuff and really do think that played a role. Again, I can't endorse that exact story for you, but it does not surprise me....at all. 

The roommate change part is pretty convincing evidence. I mean, this particular story doesn't have to be 100% true for the general outline of it to be true enough. I wonder how many teams have been damaged by roommate issues? It seems like it would be kind of common right? I loved my freshman roommate, but I know plenty of people who despised theirs because their personalities were just so clashing. I could see that disdain being transferred to the court. 

In this case...

interesting about the practice routines. We do seem to get our share of practice injuries. Fischer was a shoulder, right? Always wondered how that happened because I heard murmurs of a cheapshot. I have zero evidence of this but I'd like to know more considering the practice routine rumors.

I honestly feel shitty for the kid. Exactly the type of kid I wish we had on our current roster. I'm salty as heck again over Luke Fischer. Crean dropped the ball on this one IMO. Oh well. Moving on.......

It all goes back to the first 4 games (2 exhibitions included). Everything changed when Cheech and Chong came back from suspension. The Nation has spoken loud and clear - we are better off without them.

Everything changed?  This is a bit miopic considering we beat SMU and Pitt pretty convincingly after the suspensions ended.

I think it is really hard to judge if someone is playing with heart or not. It's like the classic Knight press conference about getting your game face on. What does playing with heart even mean and how do you as an outside observer know if someone is playing with it?

Being selfish or making mistakes says nothing about playing with heart. A recent player who made a lot of selfish plays that led to mistakes was Victor Oladipo as a sophomore. He took at least one ill advised jumper per game and had multiple costly turnovers that are very similar to what Troy does. Anyone else remember Victor nearly losing the Kentucky game for us on the 2nd to last possession of the game? He wanted to be the hero and tried to spin through 3 defenders in the lane.

Troy may or may not improve as his career goes on. I think he improved significantly towards the end of last year and his baseline cuts have been next level this year. He needs to harness that and learn his role as a finisher. It is foolish to write him off.

I think it is really hard to judge if someone is playing with heart or not. It's like the classic Knight press conference about getting your game face on. What does playing with heart even mean and how do you as an outside observer know if someone is playing with it?

Being selfish or making mistakes says nothing about playing with heart. A recent player who made a lot of selfish plays that led to mistakes was Victor Oladipo as a sophomore. He took at least one ill advised jumper per game and had multiple costly turnovers that are very similar to what Troy does. Anyone else remember Victor nearly losing the Kentucky game for us on the 2nd to last possession of the game? He wanted to be the hero and tried to spin through 3 defenders in the lane.

Troy may or may not improve as his career goes on. I think he improved significantly towards the end of last year and his baseline cuts have been next level this year. He needs to harness that and learn his role as a finisher. It is foolish to write him off.

Quick. Who can tell me which one is VO's Soph year and which is TW's?

AGKdgZR.png

The difference between Vic and Troy is that Vic was a worker. He constantly worked at getting better - and it showed. Oh, and Vic was never involved with failed drug tests and suspensions.

The difference between Vic and Troy is that Vic was a worker. He constantly worked at getting better - and it showed. Oh, and Vic was never involved with failed drug tests and suspensions.

Let's see where Troy ends up before writing his book is my main point. We have no idea when it'll kick in for him, if ever. To write someone off based on a suspension is so foolish.

He is better than last year

for sure. If he'd get under control a little and people had a little less vitriol for him people would actually realize he's a WAY above average wing.

The Luke Fischer rumors haven't helped his cause with the fans. I always expected Hollowell to be the root cause of the problems with LF.

I am trying to give Troy a fresh start and a 2nd, 3rd or whatever chance. One more negative thing and he will have lost me.