Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

7 hours ago, go iu bb said:

Yep, HoF coach who is no longer producing HoF results, yet the "experts" seem to forget this every offseason. Couldn't happen to a sleazier guy.

Kind of reminds me of a coach we had once upon a time...

On 8/23/2024 at 6:53 PM, LIHoosier said:

Allegedly, UConn may join the B12 in 2 years for all sports but football then join in football in 2031

https://x.com/brett_mcmurphy/status/1827109965200326832?s=46&t=813mSccrbUK6iBoBfkbvyw

Untitled.jpg

Hurley is owed any amount of money imaginable if that happens. It would be one of the very few programs where the basketball team is leading the football into a better situation during conference realignment. I had thought they had given up on football. But their basketball program is so hot a big conference is willing to admit them on the strength of it and a promise to reinvest in football? Kinda crazy.

18 hours ago, Demo said:

https://x.com/MarchMadnessMBB/status/1828833642095022349

You could probably throw a blanket over the 1st 3. UCLA-USC is probably the only 1 that just looks dead wrong.

I always think that IU-UK could've developed into a major rivalry but for Cal's chickening out after that memorable game in the Hall.

Illinois - Missouri over KU-Missouri?

5 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Illinois - Missouri over KU-Missouri?

I guess I get it, but I'd definitely have KU-Mizzou over Illinois even though KU dominates that series. Illinois-Mizzou happens annually, but KU and Mizzou legitimately hate each other. 

56 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I guess I get it, but I'd definitely have KU-Mizzou over Illinois even though KU dominates that series. Illinois-Mizzou happens annually, but KU and Mizzou legitimately hate each other. 

Yeah I lived/worked in KC MO for a few years, and the hatred of KU was a real thing...

On 8/28/2024 at 3:38 PM, Demo said:

https://x.com/MarchMadnessMBB/status/1828833642095022349

You could probably throw a blanket over the 1st 3. UCLA-USC is probably the only 1 that just looks dead wrong.

Literally no one cares about UCLA-USC. No one cares about Utah-BYU. 

6 minutes ago, Demo said:

https://x.com/JonRothstein/status/1831318169262100744

Jerome Hunter taking another swing at it. Hopefully it ends well for him.

I hope he's taken advantage of all his time in college with multiple degrees. I doubt he has a pro basketball future ahead of him at any level with his health history.

Heads up.  Eye on College basketball did a podcast on Indiana today.  Needless to say Parrish and Norlander aren’t big Woodson believers.  I’ve listened to the entire series. 14 or so teams featured.  This one was by far the most negative toned episode of the group.  

scheduling is mocked.  Shooting is mocked. Roster fit is mocked.  Previous seasons lack of success mocked.  

Let’s hope to prove college basketball incorrect about Mike Woodson.  

34 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Heads up.  Eye on College basketball did a podcast on Indiana today.  Needless to say Parrish and Norlander aren’t big Woodson believers.  I’ve listened to the entire series. 14 or so teams featured.  This one was by far the most negative toned episode of the group.  

scheduling is mocked.  Shooting is mocked. Roster fit is mocked.  Previous seasons lack of success mocked.  

Let’s hope to prove college basketball incorrect about Mike Woodson.  

IMO all merited. I hope to see changes in shooting etc. with the new additions. No excuses.

1 hour ago, HoosierHoopster said:

IMO all merited. I hope to see changes in shooting etc. with the new additions. No excuses.

yeah, I agree.  I think Parrish has an axe to grind to Indiana fans because we are loyal and defend our teams until we want change.  I think our social media presence annoys people like him.  Anyway, All are valid concerns but the tone felt different.  Worth a listen as an IUBB fan for sure.  

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

yeah, I agree.  I think Parrish has an axe to grind to Indiana fans because we are loyal and defend our teams until we want change.  I think our social media presence annoys people like him.  Anyway, All are valid concerns but the tone felt different.  Worth a listen as an IUBB fan for sure.  

Ask Parrish if he applied for one of the umpteen assistant spots at Memphis.

https://x.com/JonRothstein/status/1831725011192754186

Apparently, UConn to the Big 12 is off for the moment. Wow, tells you all you need know about the value conferences place on football. 

Q- How do you feel about taking in the preeminent basketball program in the country?

A- Nah, we took in UCF last year. We’re good.