Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

On 5/14/2024 at 3:25 PM, cybergates said:

Not even really a good career at OkSt either...

image.thumb.png.544f5d5ca0c51ed8b443b588bf33a5e5.png

Good assist #'s but not much else. 45% from the FT line is atrocious. 

His steal numbers were pretty good.....both on and off the court.

55 minutes ago, Demo said:

Tim Buckley leaving South Carolina to join Wes Miller’s staff at Cincinnati. The guy is a great add for literally any staff.

Cincy is seemingly setting up to have their season that vaults Miller into the next level of coaches.

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Cincy is seemingly setting up to have their season that vaults Miller into the next level of coaches.

Miller didn’t do that well last year.  I listen to WLW and a lot of fans wanted him fired.  He’s actually on the hot seat.  Next level coaches, I don’t see it.  He’s just trying to save his job

Rothstein - Oregon's N'Faly Dante has been denied an additional year of eligibility by the NCAA. Dante only played six games during the 20-21 season due to a knee injury. Also only played 12 games in 19-20 when NCAA Tournament was cancelled. The Ducks will appeal the decision.

29 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Rothstein - Oregon's N'Faly Dante has been denied an additional year of eligibility by the NCAA. Dante only played six games during the 20-21 season due to a knee injury. Also only played 12 games in 19-20 when NCAA Tournament was cancelled. The Ducks will appeal the decision.

Would think that'll have some relevance to Goode next offseason unfortunately.

52 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Would think that'll have some relevance to Goode next offseason unfortunately.

20-21 was the COVID year so I can understand why the NCAA didn't care that he played only 6 games early in the season. In a normal year, that would give another year of eligibility but he already got that.

In 19-20, the 12 games were in the 2nd half of the season, like Goode's games the year he was hurt. It's not surprising they denied the waiver for that and I agree that it does show how they'd likely rule on Goode. Although in this case he also played 12 games, which might be too many. Regardless, I've never seen Goode as likely to get a waiver and this just strengthens that opinion.

On 5/14/2024 at 4:25 PM, cybergates said:

Not even really a good career at OkSt either...

image.thumb.png.544f5d5ca0c51ed8b443b588bf33a5e5.png

Good assist #'s but not much else. 45% from the FT line is atrocious. 

Gottlieb was very good at OK State on some pretty darn good teams. Didn't need to score because he was always setting up his teammates. Lead the nation in assists in both his junior and senior seasons and finished his career as the B12's all-time assist leader and on top of being 7th all-time nationally. One of the better pure point pure guards to play at the collegiate level.

Have no clue how that will translate to being a successful coach, but he was very successful as a player. 

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

According to Woj.   Lakers targeting Hurley to become their next coach 

The Knicks or Lakers are probably the only two places that could pull him from UConn. Definitely think they can make an offer he and his wife won't be able to refuse. Especially since his son is done at UConn 

31 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

The Knicks or Lakers are probably the only two places that could pull him from UConn. Definitely think they can make an offer he and his wife won't be able to refuse. Especially since his son is done at UConn 

This would probably be a big mistake for Hurley. Lebron has had nine coaches in his career, and seven have been fired. He has all the money he needs.

41 minutes ago, J34 said:

This would probably be a big mistake for Hurley. Lebron has had nine coaches in his career, and seven have been fired. He has all the money he needs.

I tend to agree. Only reason it makes sense for Hurley is A) presumably F U money/generational wealth beyond what he can create in CBB B) stroking the ego doing something his father and brother never have (coaching in the NBA, I'm sure he thinks competing for a title). As a fan of his, would rather see him be king at UConn. As an IU fan... if he wants to leave CBB... see ya, good luck! Lol

13 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

I tend to agree. Only reason it makes sense for Hurley is A) presumably F U money/generational wealth beyond what he can create in CBB B) stroking the ego doing something his father and brother never have (coaching in the NBA, I'm sure he thinks competing for a title). As a fan of his, would rather see him be king at UConn. As an IU fan... if he wants to leave CBB... see ya, good luck! Lol

• He can and will make (more or less) just as much money at UConn.
  • The reason to bolt? It's just a plain old way better lifestyle. With the portal, having to re-recruit your own players each year, alumni pressure, and the still remaining high school circuit, being a college head coach is an extraordinarily difficult, 365 day a year job. With an NBA HC job you get a bigger staff, more mature players, and an entire separate GM staff that scouts and builds your roster for you! It's a nine month a year job.
  • That having been said, it seems as though Hurley would be an east coast NBA guy, though the Lakers have to be the most tempting non-east coast franchise.

26 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Liam coming back on the market and our Hoosiers having one last scholly would be interesting. 

Nah, he had his chance. 
Take the job Hurley!!!

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

He can and will make (more or less) just as much money at UConn

If this massive offer that Woj is talking about is in the Kerr ballpark, he'll just about triple what he's making at UConn. Hell, even Monty Williams is getting almost triple Hurley's UConn cash to have the worst record in the league.