Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Jordan Nwora will be the reason why Louisville won’t be a contender come tourney time

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It’s so hard to squint this year and say any team should get there with any level of certainty. Odd season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It’s so hard to squint this year and say any team should get there with any level of certainty. Odd season.

That’s what makes this season tough, if we were just a little bit more talented, little bit better we could have a chance to win it all in a year like this where there are no clear dominate teams.

Never said it would cause players to flock but never would have had the heat super team without the tax rate. 

You wouldn’t have had that Heat team without Dwyane Wade. He decided he wasn’t going to go play in Chicago with Rose, Deng, Boozer and Noah. So then Bosh went to Miami and LeBron cake after. Mario stayed, they let go of Dorell Wright(which I hated), and filled the roster with old dudes. The NBA was incredibly close to being very different. Chicago could have had Wade at the time and a few years later, Melo almost signed but stayed with New York instead.

31 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

You wouldn’t have had that Heat team without Dwyane Wade. He decided he wasn’t going to go play in Chicago with Rose, Deng, Boozer and Noah. So then Bosh went to Miami and LeBron cake after. Mario stayed, they let go of Dorell Wright(which I hated), and filled the roster with old dudes. The NBA was incredibly close to being very different. Chicago could have had Wade at the time and a few years later, Melo almost signed but stayed with New York instead.

Wade was all for Chicago, it was just because bosh wanted to come as well that it didn’t happen. Chicago couldn’t afford it 

Wade was all for Chicago, it was just because bosh wanted to come as well that it didn’t happen. Chicago couldn’t afford it 

That would have completely reshaped the NBA. Because even without a healthy Rose, you’d still have Wade and Bosh and whatever pieces they would have gotten from likely having to trade Deng and Boozer. Injuries have been the biggest game changer though. And always will be.

That’s what makes this season tough, if we were just a little bit more talented, little bit better we could have a chance to win it all in a year like this where there are no clear dominate teams.

What’s crazy is how this year is shaking out we are in complete control of how good or bad of a seed we get. I know it’s that way every year to a degree. But every other year you can look up and down the rankings and be pretty accurate on who has the looks of 1 & 2 seeds. I still think those are going to be up for grabs when the conference tourneys begin. I know saying this is gonna bite me in the @$$. I could see us eventually as high as a 4 seed. I think we are going to be in the 5-7 range. I could see us as low as a 10 seed. If you can get to a 4 or 5 in a year like this you can make a run. This year is set up for a mid major championship imo.

What’s crazy is how this year is shaking out we are in complete control of how good or bad of a seed we get. I know it’s that way every year to a degree. But every other year you can look up and down the rankings and be pretty accurate on who has the looks of 1 & 2 seeds. I still think those are going to be up for grabs when the conference tourneys begin. I know saying this is gonna bite me in the @$$. I could see us eventually as high as a 4 seed. I think we are going to be in the 5-7 range. I could see us as low as a 10 seed. If you can get to a 4 or 5 in a year like this you can make a run. This year is set up for a mid major championship imo.

I think we are like a DJ Carton away from being in the hunt. I don’t think he makes us an odds on favorite or anything but I do think he adds a bit to our team this year and could be the difference between being bounced early and making a run.

Clearly we don’t have him but that recruitment could have made a big difference for us