Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

The Howard stuff is weird. I’m not super up on the topic, but I don’t recall him being a hot head as a player or assistant coach. Maybe he was, and it was just kept quiet.  

The hitting of Gard was way out of line and I can see how a second infraction would get him booted. 

Michigan saying no physical altercation but apparently there was a pretty good shouting match between Howard and Sanderson the strength coach.  Sanderson is the father of '26 Jonathan Sanderson who has been on the IU campus more than once and has been putting up some pretty big scoring numbers at Saline HS.

Newly posted story from  Jamie Shaw -

https://www.on3.com/college/michigan-wolverines/news/juwan-howard-confrontation-strength-coach-jon-sanderson-michigan-basketball-review-process/

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Jamie Shaw Story

This right here is why Memphis will never have a stable program. Tomlin was a top 10 JUCO who had almost no offers because he was considered a problem. Jerome Tang, Father Flanagan himself, takes him on and gets a year out of him. Tang dismisses him because even he doesn’t want to deal with him anymore. So Hardaway jumps in on him in mid-season. There is no chance this ends well.

On 12/10/2023 at 9:21 PM, Scotty R said:

To me the college game has become to bland and boring. It misses the rivalries that use to exist between coaches like the big east when you had Bohemian and Thompson or Massamino and Carnaca

How about Chaney and Calamari?

That was a classic.

My updated Big Ten WAR scores -- WAR only worriesabout wins,  losses and opponents played and does not worry about margin of victory/loss.

• Purdue 9-1,  WAR +3.85, SOS 1
  • Wisconsin 7-3, WAR +1.77 SOS 2
  • Indiana 7-2, WAR +1.12, SOS 6
  • Northwestern 7-1, WAR +1.07, SOS 10
  • Illinois 7-2, WAR +0.95,SOS 7
  • Ohio St 8-2,WAR +0.52,SOS 11
  • Nebraska 8-2,   WAR +0.33, SOS 12
  • Rutgers 6-3, WAR -0.59,SOS 9
  • Minnesota 8-3, WAR -0.85, SOS 14
  • Michigan 5-5, WAR -0.93, SOS 3
  • Iowa 5-5, WAR -0.98, SOS 4
  • Michigan St 4-5, WAR -1.49, SOS 5
  • Maryland 6-4, WAR -1.82, SOS 13
  • Penn State 5-5,WAR -2.2,SOS 8

You know, it’s kind of sad to see Louisville playing Arkansas St, not Arkansas, Arkansas St, and thinking, “hmm, that might be a pretty good game.”

7 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

Can you explain, having a hard time understanding? Is this just for players awaiting verdict?

West Virginia judge approved a  temporary restraining order against the NCAA from enforcing transfer rules for the next 14 days in West Virginia.   Raequon battle sued and so did 8 state attorney generals.   They combined their cases.   After 14 days the hearings will continue but for now ncaa can’t enforce so Battle is probably going to play for the next 14 days and my guess is other schools who have had kids denied will play.   Some won’t just incase the ruling changes.    Big fat mess is what it’s going to be