Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Stan and Troy suspended for failed drug tests..

First of all, I realize that I am new here - and I found this site quite by coincidence. Though the timing of my arrival coincides with the latest meltdown in the basketball program, I am by no means here just to bash the program. 

I graduated from IUB in 1977, so I was on campus through the undefeated seasons of '75 and '76. I realize that those were special times, and times that we will probably never see again. But I am absolutely heartbroken about the state of IU basketball since the late 90s. There have been bright spots, for sure - the 2002 drive to the championship game and the Zeller/Oladipo/Jordy seasons. But there seems to be more dark periods too.

I want so badly for Crean and IU to succeed. But I just don’t see that happening. Maybe it’s just the way things are now, but these kids just don’t impress me as people of character. And Crean seems to be able to recruit, but in all honestly, is one of the worst bench/game coaches in the game. I am not sure he’s the guy to lead the team, and he certainly has lost my confidence as our coach.

Sampson managed to make IU the laughing stock of college basketball during his not nearly brief enough stint in Bloomington. And the current mess has all the markings of a repeat performance.

I want so badly to wake up and realize that this was just a horrible nightmare. But I know that won’t happen.

I guess what I am saying is this: If I came on strong and upset/offended anyone, I apologize. I assure you that my passion is real, and my heart so badly wants IU to be THE basketball school again. 

Great post.  That's why our board is awesome- we have people from all points of the spectrum.  I'm generally a "sunshine pumper", but some of my favorite posters are more "realists".  As long as there is no intent to degrade or insult (or post the same shtick in every post), I enjoy seeing how different people enjoy OUR university.  Good to have you aboard!!

I don't know if that story is true or not and like everything else we hear in life we shall take with a grain of salt. Please don't get too upset over what a few say on here or elsewhere and look at the masses that while disappointed in a lot of players and coaches, we look forward to them becoming better people and players and cheering them on this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

. Thanks and I will. The other day I just blew off some steam because I was upset at the the talk went from praising to literally throwing them off the team and another factor was I was very angry at my son for putting hisself in a position for their words to be said in the first. But I did apologize straight from my heart and u wasn't any better acting then anyone else was. But thank you for words I do take seriously. Your words, that is!! Lol

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Who is your friend? Why didn't he step up? This is too funny for me to even get mad about? Hahaha. YOU GUYS ARE WAYYY TOO FUNNY!? Lord, JESUS, forgive them cause they know not what the truth is and please everyone involved with this blatant lie, just repent. God does forgive. A living witness. But on the real, when you make ACCUSATIONS LIKE THAT, their are consequences that come with your actions also. I SINCERELY WILL PRAY FOR JESUS TO FORGIVE YPY for such an "OUTRIGHT" lie as this one you just said. W-O-W......

I didn't know what to believe from the story. That's why I said I have no words. As for your son, I think he is a genuinely great person for I pass him on my way to class every Friday and say "hey Troy" to him and he always smiles and says "hey" back. It always makes my day...

. Thanks and I will. The other day I just blew off some steam because I was upset at the the talk went from praising to literally throwing them off the team and another factor was I was very angry at my son for putting hisself in a position for their words to be said in the first. But I did apologize straight from my heart and u wasn't any better acting then anyone else was. But thank you for words I do take seriously. Your words, that is!! Lol

Down to Troy to turn this into a positive. Let's see what he's made off.

I'm optimistic that we are going to see a team more inspired than before to succeed. :)

Even if Crean is gone after this season, we wouldn't lose too much on recruiting. I DON'T see JBJ transferring any where other than the NBA. Same with Yogi.. I am a huge Troy Williams fan, but disappointed with his actions. He would be our only big loss IMO if we lost our coach. He also has a great chance to go to the next level. So with that being said, our recruiting lately has been subpar since JBJ and if there was ever a time to make a change, this year would be the one.

I am also disappointed in his poor and bad decision making. All I can do from Virginia, is pray and pray harder that he has learned his lesson and move on to bigger and better things. His life is what he makes it and the opportunities are available to the person that thinks first, then reacts. Just my opinion!!❤️

I gotta be honest, I am uplifted by hearing HoosierMom today. I am going to rally behind this team all year and wish for the best. I have some opinions that changes need made, but I am Hoosier fan and there is no stopping that!!!!!

I just hope we don't embarrass OUR university any further!!!!

I find it funny that there were zero issues of this kind for 6 years and now we have had (way too many) a few in 8 months and it's not something that we can recover from? That the 6 years were the anomaly, but the 8 months is the way it is and will be going forward? I think people (of all ages) are too quick to want changes rather than improvements.

The longevity isn't the matter in question. He had players that behaved themselves for the most part. Wat, Vic, Jordy, Elston, Cody, Verdell etc. Now he has players that don't, which he recruited, and he his unable to control it! It is a VERY bad look for recruiting, the university, and himself! He created this problem in every way. It falls on him.

The longevity isn't the matter in question. He had players that behaved themselves for the most part. Wat, Vic, Jordy, Elston, Cody, Verdell etc. Now he has players that don't, which he recruited, and he his unable to control it! It is a VERY bad look for recruiting, the university, and himself! He created this problem in every way. It falls on him.

Not to pick on you, because I'm not. But before the Issues "Coach Johnson" was the responsible recruiter. After the issues "Tom Crean" did the recruiting. He's responsible, yes, just find it funny that Johnson got all the credit, until there were issues

I completely agree he currently has players that don't (haven't) listen, I'm just not of the mind that Now is the reality and those 6 years with good kids was the smoke screen.

A lot of posts on here about this team being kids and college kids do silly things. These guys need to realize they cannot be a "normal" college kid. They have to toe the line.

How can they not know that they will be held to a higher standard?

A lot of posts on here about this team being kids and college kids do silly things. These guys need to realize they cannot be a "normal" college kid. They have to toe the line.

And honestly when I talk with them they want to be called men! We can't always give them the exit card as "kids". They know what is right! It truly is a matter of respect and entitlement. They know they aren't normal...it is a choice.

Honestly, these drugs tests shouldn't be brought to public eye. The reason they wee is because of the DD incident. F they fail, run their asses off and do what you'd do without negatively affecting the team and what were trying to accomplish. Weed stays in urine for an average of ten to 15 days, btw. And sometimes when you puff the dutchie, off hand once at a party, You don't think about that

Sent from my iPhoney. Yo.

I did apologize and I will again. It was a poor choice of wording and yeah, I said it and I meant, but I could have used better wording. I am a Christian woman, but I do fall short at times but that's between my God and I so in saying that, it is my duty as a Christian to apologize and I do mean it from my heart. I talked to my Pastor and in making amends for my wrong doing It is my duty to apologize to you ALL and I truly and honestly mean that from my heart and in my soul. Two wrongs don't make a right. Everyone has an opinion and I must take it, but leave it here also. Even though I don't like a lot of things that were said about a child I carried for 9 months, you must feel my hurt and pain. It is what is and we both, my son for doing what he did and for me, taking things to another level. So please, except my apology. ❤

As you know...everything is gonna (I know this is improper English) be alright, He's coming back... like He said He would!

I did apologize and I will again. It was a poor choice of wording and yeah, I said it and I meant, but I could have used better wording. I am a Christian woman, but I do fall short at times but that's between my God and I so in saying that, it is my duty as a Christian to apologize and I do mean it from my heart. I talked to my Pastor and in making amends for my wrong doing It is my duty to apologize to you ALL and I truly and honestly mean that from my heart and in my soul. Two wrongs don't make a right. Everyone has an opinion and I must take it, but leave it here also. Even though I don't like a lot of things that were said about a child I carried for 9 months, you must feel my hurt and pain. It is what is and we both, my son for doing what he did and for me, taking things to another level. So please, except my apology. ❤

I am sorry you are going through all of this and I know it must be very hard at times, but please know that we all appreciate and enjoy having the input, perspective, etc of parent, especially one as passionate about the sport as you are. I hope you will continue to be an active member of the forum.

Honestly, these drugs tests shouldn't be brought to public eye. The reason they wee is because of the DD incident. F they fail, run their asses off and do what you'd do without negatively affecting the team and what were trying to accomplish. Weed stays in urine for an average of ten to 15 days, btw. And sometimes when you puff the dutchie, off hand once at a party, You don't think about that

Sent from my iPhoney. Yo.

From what I'm hearing, the reason for the suspensions were never going to be announced. The info about the drug tests was leaked