Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Stan and Troy suspended for failed drug tests..

Even if Crean is gone after this season, we wouldn't lose too much on recruiting. I DON'T see JBJ transferring any where other than the NBA. Same with Yogi.. I am a huge Troy Williams fan, but disappointed with his actions. He would be our only big loss IMO if we lost our coach. He also has a great chance to go to the next level. So with that being said, our recruiting lately has been subpar since JBJ and if there was ever a time to make a change, this year would be the one.

It's 4 games including the 2 exhibitions.

This punishment (?) is similar to being sentenced to partake in a sorority pillow fight. Half of the suspension is for exhibitions game. Repeat offenders which they are (two failed tests) deserve more than two regular season games. They added the fourth game because they knew people would call them out on half of the suspensions taking place during the preseason. How about this, allow them to play in the two exhibition games and suspend them for the first four to eight regular season games?  

This is a win at all cost suspension. No way Coach Crean and the administration would allow for these two key players to miss the SMU game. I believe the mess IU finds itself in at this time is a direct result of the less than severe punishments handed down after the previous incidents (Hanner, Yogi and Stan), and the individuals lack of respect for the IU program including their coaches. Running the steps is one thing, but game and playing time is what these players cherish and look forward to most. 

Stan would be on the thinnest of ice. He already demonstrated his lack of mental awareness as did Yogi by using a fake ID during the days leading up to the Little 500 weekend. The local authorities might look the other way at times, but the state guys will not - every student knows this. If I were the coach (and no one would want that), I would look at Yogi and Stan and ask, how am I supposed to punish dumb?

How can't he be? Hell, I'm excited yesterday is over with. All the coaches knew they'd take that heat eventually when they announced it. That's why they were trying to wait until the season to bury it in basketball news.

Announce it in the summer when it happened and you creat a riot during the summer which does nobody any good. I'm sure they absolutely HATE Jeff Goodman right now.

As much as the media disgusts me sometimes, its not Jeff's fault; he's just asking questions and doing his job. The coaches from their perspective should be annoyed at who is leaking info to the media and making an already difficult situation more tenuous.

By your stating true didn't you agree with me that success on one level does not necessarly translate to the other? If your asking if I think that any or all three of these former Hoosiers can lead us to better than a sweet 16 in 6 years, then my answer is absolutely yes!

I am asking how can you be so certain? What have they shown to give that feeling? The examples you provided had already proved they could do better than what we have before they went to the NBA.

Get a laugh? This board is most intelligent non-VIP forum existing for IU sports. So many good and varied posters. You seem to take little pot shots at people who disagree. Little demeaning quips.

Either way, the point is that there have been a lot of bad signs over the past year or 2 and the walk on situation was just another fishy situation.

Getting a laugh out of the board= enjoying this board. I don't know what you are talking about that I take shots at people who disagree?? You have your opinion but I don't just come here to troll. I try to add to the conversation. You've done your fair share of "demeaning little quips" when people disagree with you...so don't call me out. I just meant that I get a kick out of the back and forth banter om this site. The occasional " sky is falling" stuff also gives me a laugh as well. But generally I appreciate the k owl edge that people share on here. But what ruins it is when someone had to go and try to alienate someone like you've just done