Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Speaking of wasted picks: Link

"LeBron James 'has turned Bronny into the Make-A-Wish kid' by getting his son in at the Lakers, claims Jason Whitlock"  

Ouch that stings because it's true. Didn't start for a bad team, had mediocre production and a heart condition = guaranteed contract? 

"As a freshman, the former Sierra Canyon star played in 25 games and made six starts for the Trojans. Bronny averaged only 4.8 points, 2.8 rebounds, and 2.1 assists as his team finished with a 15-18 record, placing ninth in the Pac-12."  

https://x.com/wojespn/status/1816096386485465595

The Pacers get Nembhard done. Interesting that he went a year short on his deal, though that means he hits the market again at something like 27 and he’ll get a giant deal at that point. All you need to know about the Monopoly money in the NBA: I read that he signs for 19 mil/yr and the 1st thing I thought of is that’s a solid deal until he gets to his BIG contract.

1 hour ago, Demo said:

https://x.com/wojespn/status/1816096386485465595

The Pacers get Nembhard done. Interesting that he went a year short on his deal, though that means he hits the market again at something like 27 and he’ll get a giant deal at that point. All you need to know about the Monopoly money in the NBA: I read that he signs for 19 mil/yr and the 1st thing I thought of is that’s a solid deal until he gets to his BIG contract.

I wouldn't have given him $20M a year but that's how it is nowadays and why the Pacers will continue being the Pacers.

10 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Yeah, it sucked making the Eastern conference finals with a young team last year.

Making the ECF on the opposite side of the bracket as Boston was like being the tallest midget. Pacers got lucky no one was healthy. Antetokounmpo didn't play at all, Dame missed games, Middleton was hurt. Knicks were missing half their team. Nembhard hadn't proven to be a $20M player. Simple as that. He's proven to be a $10-13M player.

5 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Making the ECF on the opposite side of the bracket as Boston was like being the tallest midget. Pacers got lucky no one was healthy. Antetokounmpo didn't play at all, Dame missed games, Middleton was hurt. Knicks were missing half their team. Nembhard hadn't proven to be a $20M player. Simple as that. He's proven to be a $10-13M player.

Weren't the Pacers missing a 15 pt scorer throughout the playoffs? And didn't our best player miss 2 playoff games?

16 hours ago, J34 said:

Weren't the Pacers missing a 15 pt scorer throughout the playoffs? And didn't our best player miss 2 playoff games?

Yea our best player missed the last two games against the Celtics.  And missing Mathurin isnt the same as missing Gianni's/Dame or OG/Bogdanovic/Hart/Robinson and Middleton/Brunson being hurt. I don't know why Pacers fans don't like to admit we got insanely lucky.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Yea our best player missed the last two games against the Celtics.  And missing Mathurin isnt the same as missing Gianni's/Dame or OG/Bogdanovic/Hart/Robinson and Middleton/Brunson being hurt. I don't know why Pacers fans don't like to admit we got insanely lucky.

I thought you were a Heat fan lol

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Agree on the lucky part, but to downplay the significance of missing your 4th best scorer(#1 bench scorer)is laughable. Does it really matter what path they took to get to the ECF,  you could go back and say that with many sports/teams through the years. You play who is in front of you. 

1 hour ago, J34 said:

Agree on the lucky part, but to downplay the significance of missing your 4th best scorer(#1 bench scorer)is laughable. Does it really matter what path they took to get to the ECF,  you could go back and say that with many sports/teams through the years. You play who is in front of you. 

Yes it matters because it has skewed fans view of the future. Where clearly the Boston, Philly, New York and Miami are still ahead. Milwaukee will be in a 2nd season of Giannis/Dame. Orlando is another year older. Cleveland is another year older. The playoffs this past season didn't say much about the future. It just showed that other teams couldn't win without their players.

10 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Yes it matters because it has skewed fans view of the future. Where clearly the Boston, Philly, New York and Miami are still ahead. Milwaukee will be in a 2nd season of Giannis/Dame. Orlando is another year older. Cleveland is another year older. The playoffs this past season didn't say much about the future. It just showed that other teams couldn't win without their players.

Who cares how the fans view the future. The Pacers have a good blend of veterans and young talent. A number of the teams you mentioned, have some of the oldest rosters in the league. Most of their older players are important role players, but Butler, Dame, Horford, and Lopez are key pieces whose better years are behind them. On the other hand, the Pacers have one of the youngest rosters, and none of their best players are over 30.(Turner?)

So if fans have a "skewed" view of the future,  maybe they're onto something.