Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Walking Boot of Doom

(2016) SG Bruce Brown to Miami

To be honest, I feel Bruce is the most important of our targets. Although De'Ron is very high up there too, I just feel we need another good guard to succeed next season. We'll likely lose Blackmon (I just can't see him staying), and we'll lose Yogi, so I think it's a must that we have another guy to play with Rob. BB and Rojo should be a strong backcourt with hopefully De'Ron and TB with Mario at the SF. With maybe OG, Juwan, or Collin competing for a starting role throughout the season.

De'ron and Bruce Brown are must gets for us. They are instant contributors. Davis, paired with Bryant, would give us an elite frontcourt and Brown would make our backcourt formidable, especially defensively. Add any of Rawle, Mario, or Thon to the mix and we have a team capable of competing for a national title. More importantly, we will have started to build some consistency in terms of competing year in and year out.

De'ron and Bruce Brown are must gets for us. They are instant contributors. Davis, paired with Bryant, would give us an elite frontcourt and Brown would make our backcourt formidable, especially defensively. Add any of Rawle, Mario, or Thon to the mix and we have a team capable of competing for a national title. More importantly, we will have started to build some consistency in terms of competing year in and year out.

Not really. Ensuring that we have enough high quality players is the must get. Bruce and DeRon are high quality players, but they are not the only high quality players.

The nice thing about getting them would be that we have our high quality player quotient covered early!

Not really. Ensuring that we have enough high quality players is the must get. Bruce and DeRon are high quality players, but they are not the only high quality players. And we aren't even the favorites for either of those guys.

The nice thing about getting them would be that we have our high quality player quotient covered early!

Are we even in the mix for any other players. Other than them it feels like only Rawle and Thon

Not really. Ensuring that we have enough high quality players is the must get. Bruce and DeRon are high quality players, but they are not the only high quality players.

I would agree with this if we were solidly in the mix for other players of similar quality, but we aren't. I respectfully disagree and stand by my statement that these two are must gets for us.

Why do you think he's waiting until next spring? Looking for a better offer or waiting to see who leaves, or if Rawle comes, or how we do this year? Thoughts?  I wish he would just go ahead and pop for IU and I would feel great about our recruiting and then we could go all-in on Rawle/Thon to sell the idea of playing for Banner 7 (Banner 6 comes this year-- :biggrin:) !