Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Walking Boot of Doom

(2016) SG Bruce Brown to Miami

Boom!  That's always a good sign, I believe she's following De'Ron Davis as well.

She is following davis as well. Which is interesting to me because if we get Davis and Bryant stays how would that work out? They should start together but the "Crean" system doesn't permit two large guys in a lineup. Hope I'm wrong and they both start but I doubt it.

She is following davis as well. Which is interesting to me because if we get Davis and Bryant stays how would that work out? They should start together but the "Crean" system doesn't permit two large guys in a lineup. Hope I'm wrong and they both start but I doubt it.

I think Davis would be a nice 4 in this system. He isn't a guy that has to be stuck under the basket. I saw he scored 20 in a game the other night (AAU or All-Star game or something, not sure on that) and they were all off of jumpers. That would be a deadly frontcourt for sure. This class still has a chance to be incredible.

I think Davis would be a nice 4 in this system. He isn't a guy that has to be stuck under the basket. I saw he scored 20 in a game the other night (AAU or All-Star game or something, not sure on that) and they were all off of jumpers. That would be a deadly frontcourt for sure. This class still has a chance to be incredible.

I saw a game on youtube he was very mobile and versatile. Forgot about the 20 point game off of jumpers thanks for pointing that out.

It needs to be. Otherwise we are in for a rough year or two.

I definitely think Bryant and Davis can play together. Bryant is more of a 5 and Davis seems like more of a 4 because of his shooting ability. He reminds me a little of DJ White. Can definitely shoot and bang down low when he needs to

I definitely think Bryant and Davis can play together. Bryant is more of a 5 and Davis seems like more of a 4 because of his shooting ability. He reminds me a little of DJ White. Can definitely shoot and bang down low when he needs to

It's not a question of whether they can play together. It's a question of whether they will play together with Tom Crean as head coach. Luke Fischer and Noah Vonleh would have been a monster frontcourt and they didn't play together.

It's not a question of whether they can play together. It's a question of whether they will play together with Tom Crean as head coach. Luke Fischer and Noah Vonleh would have been a monster frontcourt and they didn't play together.

LF was injured and then transferred, so I don't know that there was really the opportunity.

Cause Fischer was here and healthy for so long..... He only played in a few games and then decided to leave. Plus even though Noah had a decent 3 point shot he didn't the midrange game of Deron Davis and Fischer wasn't Bryant. 

And we had trouble scoring. Playing a big front court means giving up a more traditional shooter and we couldn't afford it. 

Moving Noah into a role where he could take more perimeter shots would have helped. He shot lights out better than anyone not named Yogi.

Moving Noah into a role where he could take more perimeter shots would have helped. He shot lights out better than anyone not named Yogi.

On a limited sample. And he didn't have a midrange shot, just a good long shot. I don't know that it would have helped enough.

In any event, injuries and transfers made sure we never found out.

Cause Fischer was here and healthy for so long..... He only played in a few games and then decided to leave. Plus even though Noah had a decent 3 point shot he didn't the midrange game of Deron Davis and Fischer wasn't Bryant. 

Luke Fischer and Noah Vonleh both could shoot the midrange shot. Interchangeable bigs with the ability to stretch one to the 3 point line. Yes he left before B1G play but had played or was available in every regular season game leading up to the B1G season.