Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) SF Jordan Tucker- OV 11/30/16

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Decent backup plan. Solid player. Super duper streaky summer. Good size. Good shooter. Would pair well with Smith.

Not Wilkes and especially not Preston.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

he has a really complete scoring game, but like you said streaky. We'll need scoring though if we lose who we think we will.  

Knowing even at the time of Wilkes commitment we were a contender for Tucker it still made me look stupid when we were the "leaders" for wilkes, saying tucker was more likely and IMO which I'm sure some or most will bash me for because Wilkes is outta the picture now, but I always wanted tucker more. He will be here longer, less pressure since he's not in state, not a knock on Wilkes but have always thought Tucker's personality fit here more and I don't see much difference between the two. Wilkes is more athletic, but tucker is a better shooter.

Indiana coach Tom Crean is at the Holiday Hoopsgiving for 2017 wing @Therealjtucks Jordan Tucker who takes an official 11/30

Indiana coach Tom Crean and assistant Chuck Martin were both in attendance for Wheeler’s home opener on Friday. Tucker went for 20 points and 7 rebounds in a 68-60 win over M.J. Walker and Jonesboro (GA).

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
New Info

How do spring signees work? Is it common to secure a verbal commitment before signing in April? Or do spring signees typically not commit till it's time to sign in April?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Pretty sure they can commit whenever they want, but not sign til spring.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Continues to be underwhelming.

4 year player with size and shooting. I get the appeal.

Anyone thinking Tucker solves our class will probably be disappointed.

At this point I take him with a smile but I was hoping for a better instant impact player.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I get your POV. His production hasn't been consistent, but I love his skill set and how he could fit in Crean's system.

I get your POV. His production hasn't been consistent, but I love his skill set and how he could fit in Crean's system.

I don't disagree. I actually agree. I just think we need very tempered expectations. He's not the typical high end 4 star based on production, but yet on potential. A few services have lowered him from 35 range to 60ish range. Slip could continue if play doesn't improve.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

40 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I don't disagree. I actually agree. I just think we need very tempered expectations. He's not the typical high end 4 star based on production, but yet on potential. A few services have lowered him from 35 range to 60ish range. Slip could continue if play doesn't improve.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Let's not act like we have him. But this is a 6'7 shooter with some interesting handle. I just get the vibe that we'll "miss him when he's gone." Hope I'm wrong if he goes elsewhere

Lol well wish the best on the kid. Develop in the NBA :)

Ii think we have to be realistic about 2017 now and accept its a down year. But Tucker looks like a kid that can help down the road. 

Id rather get the guy to help in 2018 in 2017 if we can get him tbh. Rather than Hope to get a difference maker in 2018

Ii think we have to be realistic about 2017 now and accept its a down year. But Tucker looks like a kid that can help down the road. 

Id rather get the guy to help in 2018 in 2017 if we can get him tbh. Rather than Hope to get a difference maker in 2018

We need a difference maker at point and a solid backup big in 2018. Davis will be a load as a junior. JMo will be a play making mismatch nightmare at the four and CuJo will be a scoring machine as a junior. Adding Smith will give us a good role player, Moore will be an interesting prospect that could fill in nicely behind JMo. There are pieces but we need star power.