Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
HoosierReb01

Teri Moren Named IUWBB Head Coach

Haven't posted at all since the season ended, but as I've said before, I'm a Sycamore grad.  Coach Moren did great things with my trees, and will do great with the talent that IU has.  Hope she does well, and the Sycamores get another coach of her caliber.

Staff is set. Go Hoosiers! I'm fired up and can't wait to see what our girls do this year. Brooks, Agler, Gassion and TBuss along with the others are gonna be exciting to see.

IU head women's basketball coach Teri Moren announced Curtis Loyd, Todd Starkey and Rhet Wierzba as assistant coaches on Tuesday.

Reminiscing from when T. Moren started as IU Ladies basketball coach as to what it was and the barriers especially the first couple years (riding Buss and Cahill) to where it is in 2023-2024 and how it came to be over the T. Moren era thus far is just awesome.

Just now, TTT said:

Reminiscing from when T. Moren started as IU Ladies basketball coach as to what it was and the barriers especially the first couple years (riding Buss and Cahill) to where it is in 2023-2024 and how it came to be over the T. Moren era thus far is just awesome.

Didn’t she have a few notable transfers early on that created some questions/concerns. 

13 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Didn’t she have a few notable transfers early on that created some questions/concerns. 

Yes, she had to overcome some barriers that is what makes it so awesome.  She and her staff really worked hard to get the IU Ladies basketball culture to where it is today….(and I remember her saying (humbly and confidently)a few years back that she had to learn a few things as well).

The transfers were more of resistance to a new culture change than anything else.  Buss and Cahill (great people and players themselves) along with the others that stayed bought in.  
….just an interesting research of comments and T. Moren growth and accolades including coaching wins, assignments on national USA teams etc.