Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

(2015) SF Ogugua Anunoby to IU

That was the game plan. Too many teams went at Shaq trying to stop him or shut him down and they would get blown out. Knights game plan? Let Shaq get his points and just shut everyone else on his team down. Shaq wasn't going to beat IU all by himself..and he didn't

IU double and tripled Shaq the whole game... We dared guys like Cesar to be the hero and they were for the first 10 minutes lighting it up, pulling ahead by like 16 points early. IU stuck to the plan of doubling and tripping shaq and the other inferior teammates of his eventually cooled off and we won.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I've seen that. But it doesn't mean he called him Oladipo. Or the next Oladipo, or anything like that. We give OG that label, he underperforms with those astronomically high (and unfair) expectations, people say he sucks, and then expect him to transfer after one year. Let him make his own way. People calling him the next Oladipo are setting him up to fail.

I haven't seen anyone call him the next Oladipo…only seen people bring up what I just stated.

I haven't seen anyone call him the next Oladipo…only seen people bring up what I just stated.

I specifically remember Rebel calling him Oladipo 2.0. (Not calling you out, Rebel, just an example)

Seems like any athletic wing we're recruiting is "Oladipo-like".

IU double and tripled Shaq the whole game... We dared guys like Cesar to be the hero and they were for the first 10 minutes lighting it up, pulling ahead by like 16 points early. IU stuck to the plan of doubling and tripping shaq and the other inferior teammates of his eventually cooled off and we won.

Yeah exactly like I said, Knight wanted to make the LSU TEAM beat them. He wanted to put the pressure on Shaq's teammates, and eventually they folded under pressure and it worked.

I specifically remember Rebel calling him Oladipo 2.0. (Not calling you out, Rebel, just an example)

Seems like any athletic wing we're recruiting is "Oladipo-like".

Okay well I didn't say anything about him being the next Oladipo, so don't call my posts out

Did I mention you...? Or...?

You quoted my post hahaha. I realized that my last post sounded like I was ticked off, which was not how I meant it to be. 

You quoted my post hahaha. I realized that my last post sounded like I was ticked off, which was not how I meant it to be.

I thought you were talking about my original post that you quoted. And I didn't mean to "call out" your response to mine. I was just saying how I interpereted it, which was that Crean wasn't calling OG Vic. He was just expressing his excitement, which happened to be similar to when he first saw Vic.

Who knows, maybe he did mean that OG reminded him of VO, but, like I said, that would be extremely unfair to OG.

I thought you were talking about my original post that you quoted. And I didn't mean to "call out" your response to mine. I was just saying how I interpereted it, which was that Crean wasn't calling OG Vic. He was just expressing his excitement, which happened to be similar to when he first saw Vic.

Who knows, maybe he did mean that OG reminded him of VO, but, like I said, that would be extremely unfair to OG.

No we are on the same page. The original poster that I responded to was asking why everyone was getting so excited about OG if he wasn't really listed as a high recruit, so I responded with the part about Crean being as excited with his recruitment as he was with Oladipo's. Definitely not comparing the two but I could see how it could sound like that

No we are on the same page. The original poster that I responded to was asking why everyone was getting so excited about OG if he wasn't really listed as a high recruit, so I responded with the part about Crean being as excited with his recruitment as he was with Oladipo's. Definitely not comparing the two but I could see how it could sound like that

And I really wasn't even referencing your post in my original one (even though it was right after it), because I understood what you were saying. I just think people see: athletic wing, under-recruited, OLADIPO. If we get him, I'd love for him to outperform those 3-stars, but we all know Vic is Vic.

And I really wasn't even referencing your post in my original one (even though it was right after it), because I understood what you were saying. I just think people see: athletic wing, under-recruited, OLADIPO. If we get him, I'd love for him to outperform those 3-stars, but we all know Vic is Vic.

Yeah but can he sing?!

Duh---go back and read my posts before you start attacking. That was me that called him Oladipo 2.0----but I specifically said that because he reminded me of Vic when Vic was in high school.  Everybody knows he's not Vic yet.  But last time I checked this is a message board for opinions and my opinion is he reminds we of Vic.  So---shoot me already!  Sheesh!  

I've seen that. But it doesn't mean he called him Oladipo. Or the next Oladipo, or anything like that. We give OG that label, he underperforms with those astronomically high (and unfair) expectations, people say he sucks, and then expect him to transfer after one year. Let him make his own way. People calling him the next Oladipo are setting him up to fail.

Yep, just like Charlie Miller was the next Calbert.

Good point Woodson---I was psyched about Miller and he showed glimpses---but there's only one Calbert  just like there's only one Vic.  But---that doesn't keep us from making comparisons for potential recruits. I hope if OG comes here he turns into another Vic. I watched video of both Vic and OG from their high school days and I see a lot of similarities.   

Hovadipo---looked back at my post about your OG comment referencing me. I responded last night in the wee hours of the morning after sitting through a freezing and rainy high school football game and after I was already ticked about the lack of positive Shake news when I got home....

Point being---my response to you was too harsh/stern.  You're one of my favorite posters and have always been nothing but fair and objective in my book. Forgive my grumpiness. I stand by my point---but I sure could have said it a lot nicer!

Since you were offering hugs for Bryant the other night---maybe we could hug this one out!  LOL!  :yes:

Yep, just like Charlie Miller was the next Calbert.

Charlie Miller had the most tremendous dunk against Purdue [ if only there was you-tube back in the day] and err that's about it. He Was a volume scorer in Florida but in Knight's system he was not a great fit. But I really liked him! I think he runs some BB camps in Texas. Maybe Dallas area.