Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Movie Thread

11 hours ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

Went to see Doctor Strange last night. I'm not a big Marvel Comics movie fan but I have to say I really enjoyed this one; it helps to have a great actor like Cumberbatch playing the role too.

I want to see that.  I also want to see Wonder Woman, hopefully it'seems not another case of DC doing a great advertising job for anow underwhelming movie (ala BvS).

I heard the new Reacher movie is pretty good too.  The book it's based on, Never Go Back, was great.

12 minutes ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

I really want to go see that new Arrival movie with Amy Adams; I don't think I have ever seen a perfect 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Wow I thought the trailer looked horrible, shocked really. 

There have been a number of 100%s on rotten tomatoes, Toy Story 1 and 2 for example.  As well as alot of classics, Seven Samurai, Maltese Falcon, Citizen Kane and one of my all time favorites Terminator. 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Wow I thought the trailer looked horrible, shocked really. 

There have been a number of 100%s on rotten tomatoes, Toy Story 1 and 2 for example.  As well as alot of classics, Seven Samurai, Maltese Falcon, Citizen Kane and one of my all time favorites Terminator. 

I know there are some 100%s in there but just since I started following them (last 4 or 5 years) I don't think I have seen a perfect 100%. There have been some high 90's (I think Inside Out was up there along with Zootopia and Toy Story like you mentioned. Now Arrival will probably go down a bit as more critics review it, but so far 69 critics have given it fresh scores.

5 minutes ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

I know there are some 100%s in there but just since I started following them (last 4 or 5 years) I don't think I have seen a perfect 100%. There have been some high 90's (I think Inside Out was up there along with Zootopia and Toy Story like you mentioned. Now Arrival will probably go down a bit as more critics review it, but so far 69 critics have given it fresh scores.

I'm confused, are you saying you haven't seen Toy Story?

1 hour ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

I really want to go see that new Arrival movie with Amy Adams; I don't think I have ever seen a perfect 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Lol, not gonna lie. When I first saw it was getting that rating I kind of assumed it only had like at most  5 reviews. Then I actually went to the website, was pleasantly surprised that the 100% was spread out over like 60 reviews when I checked it out

https://www.google.com/amp/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2017/5/3/15518562/the-dark-tower-trailer
I've waiting a long time for this series to be adapted into a movie. I'm very nervous and excited to finally see it a little glimpse. If done right this could be the next epic movie/ Tv series. If done wrong it could be a big flop. If the first one does good there will be sequels and a tv series to fill in back story.
Any other Dark Tower fans on here

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2017/5/3/15518562/the-dark-tower-trailer
I've waiting a long time for this series to be adapted into a movie. I'm very nervous and excited to finally see it a little glimpse. If done right this could be the next epic movie/ Tv series. If done wrong it could be a big flop. If the first one does good there will be sequels and a tv series to fill in back story.

I'm a huge Stephen King fan, but am ashamed to say, I haven't dived into the Dark Tower series. I just finished the Bill Hodges trilogy, so I might start doing so. 

9 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

So just curious did you like the trailer they released for it? Petty big Stephen King fan, didn't get too much into the Dark Tower though

Yes I did. The movie is more of a sequel to the books series instead of an adaptation of the previous books. There will be a ton of backlash from book readers for not following the books. People have tried to bring this series to the big screen before. If you are king fans I highly recommend reading this series. This is his Magnus opus. Almost every other thing he writes about always comes back to the universe of the dark tower

I'm a huge Stephen King fan, but am ashamed to say, I haven't dived into the Dark Tower series. I just finished the Bill Hodges trilogy, so I might start doing so. 

It was my favorite book series for the longest time (a song of ice and fire is my favorite now). I highly recommend it but it is a huge undertaking probably over 4000 and 7 books officially but most his other books reference the dark tower world