Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Movie Thread

I actually enjoyed it for its badness. Of course I had a pretty good level of being drunk when watching it. The time travel stuff is just so unbelievably convoluted, but it just adds to everything. Then there are just some cheesy parts. My roommate, who hadn't drunk anything was just as entertained as I was

I keep offering my assistance to Hollywood in fixing the franchise by blatantly ripping off Star Wars/LOTR/Matrix/others into one beautiful, robot v human, futuristic dog fight...they just don't want to return my calls

Caught Me and earl and the dying girl today on flight home from L.A. Actually had me tearing up on the plane...God movie and great soundtrack...I then followed that up with Will Smith's stinker, Focus

Watched Me and Earl and the dying girl today and it's definitely a tear jerker...good thing I watched it alone and not in front of the lady. Lol

Bond was disappointing.  Opening scene was great...and unfortunately, the best part of the movie.  Too much of the old Bond for my liking.  Ie, bad guy has Bond beat but then decides to use some kinda bomb or torture device to try and kill him rather than just point his gun and pull the trigger.  

Plus the ending was predictable.  The new Mission Impossibles have been much better, in my opinion, than the most recent Bond films.

Mission Impossible 3, 4 and 5 were great. 1 was solid.  2....wtf, awful awful film.  I actually looked up the director to make sure I never watch his crap again.  

There are only three characters in Home Alone who aren't totally incompetent or worse. Every adult and child is reprehensible except Old Man Marley, Gus Polinski, and the utility guy.

The worst non-family member is Mitch Murphy. I'd rather hang out with a Wet Bandit.

There are only three characters in Home Alone who aren't totally incompetent or worse. Every adult and child is reprehensible except Old Man Marley, Gus Polinski, and the utility guy.

The worst non-family member is Mitch Murphy. I'd rather hang out with a Wet Bandit.

The pizza guy is pretty resilient. He stuck around through thick and thin for that $122.50.

The pizza guy is pretty resilient. He stuck around through thick and thin for that $122.50.

And he was pretty cool about coming back for the next delivery too. And not calling the cops when he gets shot at. But, he's kind of a dick and he keeps running over their statue. My wife and I debated him. I would include the boarding pass lady before him. And only because they have that secret part where Kevin's boarding pass gets thrown away, otherwise I was always displeased with her counting skills.

Actually, I forgot about Marley's stare-down in the drug store. I guess he gets a pass because he redeems himself later, but man he isn't like a great guy either.