Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUFB vs Washington - Saturday, 10.26.24 - ESPN College Game Day

The exhilaration.  The euphoria.  The don't wake me up because I must be dreaming.  Our 7-0 Hoosiers will host the 4-3 Washington Huskies.

Noon kickoff and televised on basic BTN.  ESPN College Game Day will be in Bloomington.  The show will air from 9 a.m. to Noon ET on ESPN, ESPNU and streaming on the ESPN app.

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/football/espn-college-gameday-in-bloomington-indiana-football-against-washington-huskies-01jan7f6q4ar

Radio

Live Stats

1 hour ago, Dhop said:

I watched from 10:00am until the game was over last weekend.  Never…in…my…life!

looks like a little less weekend chores will be getting done!

Same. It was awesome. If it wasn't for my daughter's first birthday, I'd be in Bloomington Saturday just for Gameday. College Football has been third on my sports rankings (1. NFL, 2. NCAAB) but I've always loved Gameday. That and FOX NFL Sunday. No biggie. I'll be there on November 9th when we kick Michigan's a**. 

37 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Please don't be a trap game. Please don't be a trap game. Please don't be a trap game. 

My eyes are on next week as the trap game. A not-very-good, but well-coached team on the road in what is fairly likely to be a weather game. If this game were in Seattle I'd be shaking in my boots, but I think the home crowd comes through again on another gorgeous day.

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

My eyes are on next week as the trap game. A not-very-good, but well-coached team on the road in what is fairly likely to be a weather game. If this game were in Seattle I'd be shaking in my boots, but I think the home crowd comes through again on another gorgeous day.

Completely agree. MSU on the road will be a coin-flip game. More worried about that one than UW or UM at home.

3 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Yeah, I'm worried about this game due to a back up qb starting, coming off of a bye week(extra week to prep), them getting dominated by Iowa last weekend (they'll be out for blood), and their coaching staff. 

I just recently learned that Coach Sunseri's brother Vinnie (Safeties coach) is on the UW staff. There's also a name everyone might be familiar with calling the D. His dad's named Bill that has like six Lombardi trophies on the mantel. 

They'll be ready for us, I'm thinking it'll be a close game. 

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Sounds like we could have our starting QB back.

https://x.com/PeteThamel/status/1848684045170806859

Curious what "surgery" means... if he's expected back next week for MSU, I'd be hard pressed to think it was a broken thumb, pin insertion, etc... maybe to finish/clean up the removal of the thumbnail?

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/41941365/sources-indiana-rourke-thumb-surgery-prognosis-improved

23 minutes ago, tyappleg said:

Let Lawton, Ellison, and Black eat.  Tayven being able to keep it and run on option plays should open up more opportunities on the ground as well.  

Last week I was glad to see the staff let TJ  throw the ball as soon as he entered the game.  It would have been easy, and common with a number of other staffs, to just let him hand-off and protect (a/k/a play not to loae) the 2 TD lead.

We scored 28 in the first half and 28 in the second with TJ (yes, since the game was largely over this isn’t an apples to apples comparison) which should have given      TJ, the staff and team increased confidence in what he can do.

6 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Completely agree. MSU on the road will be a coin-flip game. More worried about that one than UW or UM at home.

I 2nd.....or 3rd??? this thought. @MSU is the game I worry most about. Although, in fairness, I'm worried about every game. Still trying to condition myself to this winning stuff. Coming around but I need more time.