Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

“Mike Drop” Schumann on the Hoosier Hysterics

35 minutes ago, PartyintheVillas said:

My problem with them is they just seem a little too slippery for me. They also seem to think it's about them too much. They give off some serious main character syndrome vibes. I think at first they were exactly what you said, then I think their egos got REALLY BIG.

Sounds a lot like the man in the HC office.

13 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Sounds a lot like the man in the HC office.

With the exception that Mike Woodson was an All-American player, had a long NBA career, 3 times voted in the top 10 of NBA coaches for Coach of the Year, and 3rd in that voting once. He might be an arrogant *******, but he's earned some of it. He needs to win this season though, or we need to move on. The Hysterics earned their cord being cut, and Woodson might too.

On 7/4/2024 at 1:43 AM, HoosierX said:

I really don’t understand why people hate on the HH guys as much as they do. They truly pursued a passion, and I respect them for it. And their podcast was entertaining.

I get that they did and said some questionable things, but damn it seems like some people just live to bring other people down. 

This isn’t normal behavior or something that should be tolerated. Never heard of these guys before I saw this and wish I’d never had. Clowns.

https://x.com/unnecroughness/status/1440057301587562500?s=46&t=w6QCfPv_ohX9q670DTqgcA

1 hour ago, AH1971 said:

This isn’t normal behavior or something that should be tolerated. Never heard of these guys before I saw this and wish I’d never had. Clowns.

https://x.com/unnecroughness/status/1440057301587562500?s=46&t=w6QCfPv_ohX9q670DTqgcA

Pretty sure the sun is going to come up tomorrow no matter what these guys do. 

In the grand scheme of things, none of it matters. I'm glad they pursued something that gave them joy in life.

4 hours ago, HoosierX said:

Pretty sure the sun is going to come up tomorrow no matter what these guys do. 

In the grand scheme of things, none of it matters. I'm glad they pursued something that gave them joy in life.

Nobody took their podcast away, they are allowed to continue to do what they do. But these two squandered a golden goose because they couldn’t help themselves.

49 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Nobody took their podcast away, they are allowed to continue to do what they do. But these two squandered a golden goose because they couldn’t help themselves.

Strange Vendetta my guy. It’s Because they want Indiana to be great above all things else.  Look at how the cover IUWBB.  They would be Woodys biggest fans if only he was good at coaching college basketball and winning games.  Enduring last season in real time was difficult for the most ardent fans.  

As an aside we all knew this was going to end badly at some point because they are fans yet they were functioning in a much larger capacity with real impact.  

5 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

As an aside we all knew this was going to end badly at some point because they are fans yet they were functioning in a much larger capacity with real impact.

Exactly. They’re “fans” and not professionals. “Fans” don’t get the kind of access those two got. They can still be “fans” with a podcast just like you or I, that hasn’t been taken away. 

10 hours ago, AH1971 said:

Exactly. They’re “fans” and not professionals. “Fans” don’t get the kind of access those two got. They can still be “fans” with a podcast just like you or I, that hasn’t been taken away. 

Well they were both and that is what made it difficult. However, Woody didn’t have a problem with it until he had a bad season a lost a large portion of the fanbase including the Hysterics to a certain degree.  And that is why it’s a bad look.  If he had problems he could have axed it at any time but he deemed it helpful to be worth it. 

again, other side, you can’t be critical in that way and expect to maintain that type of access. I think a lot of folks thought Indiana was going to move along and spoke their minds. 

23 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Well they were both and that is what made it difficult. However, Woody didn’t have a problem with it until he had a bad season a lost a large portion of the fanbase including the Hysterics to a certain degree.  And that is why it’s a bad look.  If he had problems he could have axed it at any time but he deemed it helpful to be worth it. 

again, other side, you can’t be critical in that way and expect to maintain that type of access. I think a lot of folks thought Indiana was going to move along and spoke their minds. 

He didn’t lose a large portion of the fan base, he lost a very loud minority. Most level-headed people aren’t happy with the way last season played out, but understand losing a program great in TJD and an additional 1st rd pick was likely going to lead to some regression, and firing somebody after a single bad season wasn’t going to happen.

Places like this represent a fraction of the actual fan base. I read BTownBanners, Rivals, Inside The Hall, and HSN and this place by far is the most insecure when it comes to Woodson. Woodson is absolutely in a prove it year, but way too many people bought into the false hype and rumors perpetuated by some of the bigger name voices who cover Indiana basketball.

32 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Also, Woodson didn't have a problem with the HH guys when his kids needed jobs. They were "good enough" then, until they weren't. Was Woodson giving the HH guys access to get his kids jobs a "quid pro quo" or just poor judgment on the part of Woodson? One cannot have it both ways.

3 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Also, Woodson didn't have a problem with the HH guys when his kids needed jobs. They were "good enough" then, until they weren't. Was Woodson giving the HH guys access to get his kids jobs a "quid pro quo" or just poor judgment on the part of Woodson? One cannot have it both ways.

It doesn’t matter. They were openly bashing the program, regardless if they were right or not in their assessment. This isn’t hard people.

7 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I don't think it would have mattered when he had axed their access.  People would be critical of it if IU had been losing but forgiving if that had been winning.

It is a good article but does not really shed any light that wasn't known or could be inferred. Those two were dweebs and embarrassing. Mike Woodson has an ego and really rich friends. Water is wet. 

My only real takeaway from this is now I really want to know how much money these two goobers were generating. With billionaires involved, anything under 7 figures probably does not move the needle for IUBB anymore.  The insinuation here is they were already small potatoes and that is the real reason behind it, instead of HH being critical of Woody. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. If they toed whatever line is required and never criticized Woody I have an extremely hard time believing IUBB would start telling them we do not want or need your money. Access to the program could be quantified and adjusted. Notice that this was strictly related to IUBB. This was not the Athletic Department saying we do not want or need your money. 

I am not a regular listener of their show so if the criticism was over the top and unwarranted someone feel free to enlighten me, but even the article posits that much of the criticism was warranted. 

Whatever, time to win basketball games.