Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

(2025) QB - Julian Lewis Somewhat to USC Technically

1 hour ago, cleeter said:

Hell of a game for Julian to be at…if he’s actually there. Don’t think I’ve seen anyone actually confirm it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was confirmed on HSN…that he didn’t make the trip. Apparently something came up at the last minute….

1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Lewis is planning to come to the Washington vs IU game as of now.  

After (I would imagine) watching the Nebraska game on tv and (if) he's at the Washington game? Along with USC coach on the hottest of seats? 

To me? I would imagine that this is a "confirm what he thinks he already knows" visit.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

After (I would imagine) watching the Nebraska game on tv and (if) he's at the Washington game? Along with USC coach on the hottest of seats? 

To me? I would imagine that this is a "confirm what he thinks he already knows" visit.

One could argue that is the case.  IMO, Lewis knows what Rouke is capable of.  If Lewis sees Jackson play well overall and leads them to a solid win over Washington, how could Lewis not view the visit as a "I know what I want and that is IU".  Not only is the starter (Rouke) prepared and playing lights out but the backup QB is playing well and can win.  Now, IMO if he chooses IU, I think he sits behind Jackson for one year but then ultimately ends up the start as a sophomore.  

39 minutes ago, Demo said:

Seemed like a better fit timing-wise than Nebraska since he doesn’t play next weekend.

he had a family event arise AND he played late Friday night and accounted for I think 5 or 6 TDs.  he may have been a little busy lol

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

And since TJ will be quarterbacking, he'll see first hand who he'd be competing against for the starter spot.

Ultimately, I think TJ will/would win out BUT if Lewis is as advertised Lewis would benefit by sitting behind TJ for one year.  

Lewis is planning to come to the Washington vs IU game as of now.  

Great sign he’s planning to come Saturday. Seems like often in recruiting the rescheduled visit after a canceled visit doesn’t happen. 

With the season we’ve had, this isn’t just a guy giving lip service to a program because he’s had a longtime relationship with one of the coaches, imo. We’re 7-0, 4-0 in the conference, while the school he’s currently committed to is 3-4 and 16th in the conference. We’re higher in the country than USC is in the Big 10. 

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Great sign he’s planning to come Saturday. Seems like often in recruiting the rescheduled visit after a canceled visit doesn’t happen. 

With the season we’ve had, this isn’t just a guy giving lip service to a program because he’s had a longtime relationship with one of the coaches, imo. We’re 7-0, 4-0 in the conference, while the school he’s currently committed to is 3-4 and 16th in the conference. We’re higher in the country than USC is in the Big 10. 

Yes AND the fact that Riley could be gone too if they continue their trajectory downwards for the remainder of the year.  Even if Riley isn't let go, the arrow is pointing up for IU and at the current time it is pointing down for USC.  

One aspect of CCC's success at JMU that has always stood out to me is that he wins with all QB-types - he's had more traditional pocket passes, dual-threat guys, etc.  and been successful.  If I am JL, I see the success from both KR and TJ and this shows that I can make an impact as well.

One could argue that is the case.  IMO, Lewis knows what Rouke is capable of.  If Lewis sees Jackson play well overall and leads them to a solid win over Washington, how could Lewis not view the visit as a "I know what I want and that is IU".  Not only is the starter (Rouke) prepared and playing lights out but the backup QB is playing well and can win.  Now, IMO if he chooses IU, I think he sits behind Jackson for one year but then ultimately ends up the start as a sophomore.  

I feel Julian knows the stakes involved with starting and being a backup if he plans on coming to IU next year. It's a risk all QB's are willing to take. Look how Jackson has stuck with IU, even after Kurtis started over him this year. It really says something about confidence these players have in Coach Cignetti, QB Coach Sunseri and this entire coaching staff.

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I think Coach Cig just has an exceptionally good eye for talent.  Not just talent for talent's sake but for talent that fits his style.  

I hadn’t realized he was the recruiting coordinator at Bama for Saban’s first class. He has the secret sauce in spades. Can’t get enough of the guy. Everyone loves a winner