Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

#4 IUWBB vs #1 South Carolina - Friday, 03.29.24 @ 5:00 on ESPN

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I don't watch ESPN but I'm seeing tweets that some imbicile ESPN analyst actually said that Dawn Staley purposely let SC blow a 22 point lead.

Anyone on here actually catch that?

No, she would be an idiot to say that!

Dawn Staley said she let SC play and was trying to slow them down a little from the bench because she would need time outs late in the game.

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I don't watch ESPN but I'm seeing tweets that some imbicile ESPN analyst actually said that Dawn Staley purposely let SC blow a 22 point lead.

Anyone on here actually catch that?

She said she purposely didn’t call a timeout while IU was closing the gap to teach her team. Just stupid

5 hours ago, Todd41 said:

You can find the presser here 

Man, this was a tough presser to watch. First, credit to their play, but the interviews of the SC players was immature and dismissive of the game we gave them. Laughing and saying they didn’t feel any pressure like it wasn’t a tough hard fought game was borderline disrespectful. They won with more talent. Bottom line. They’re the Kentucky men’s program from 10 years ago. I truly hope we can put together a team to compete with them in the coming years and knock them down a peg, because our coaching and our play was actually superior to them, we just didn’t have 8 five stars to throw at this game. Second, all the respect on the world to coach Moren and her player interviewed. Gracious and humble in their responses, but demonstrated true love for the program and for the work they put in. Played a hell of a game. Just hard to compete with a SC right now just like it was for UCONN for a decade. Hope we get needed and complimentary players in the portal to really take advantage of Chloe, Syd, and Yarden’s last year together. 

13 hours ago, Banksyrules said:

I think she needs to get tougher at times. If someone tries to bully her inside she kind of goes cold at times.  

She’s an excellent bball player, savvy, floor vision, shooting. But yes sh needs to get stronger and needs to improve her handle in traffic. Upside is very high

8 hours ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Man, this was a tough presser to watch. First, credit to their play, but the interviews of the SC players was immature and dismissive of the game we gave them. Laughing and saying they didn’t feel any pressure like it wasn’t a tough hard fought game was borderline disrespectful. They won with more talent. Bottom line. They’re the Kentucky men’s program from 10 years ago. I truly hope we can put together a team to compete with them in the coming years and knock them down a peg, because our coaching and our play was actually superior to them, we just didn’t have 8 five stars to throw at this game. Second, all the respect on the world to coach Moren and her player interviewed. Gracious and humble in their responses, but demonstrated true love for the program and for the work they put in. Played a hell of a game. Just hard to compete with a SC right now just like it was for UCONN for a decade. Hope we get needed and complimentary players in the portal to really take advantage of Chloe, Syd, and Yarden’s last year together. 

Not gonna lie, I teared up a bit watching this. Holmes is special. And have to say, what both of them said about Moren was so nice to watch, we are in absolutely great hands and for what looks to be a long time.