Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

44 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Yes

Suppose we’ll see. The Miller fit for IU is obvious. The IU fit for Miller is a lot less so. He’s a 20 minute HM kid right now and that’s not what’s available here. Maybe he buys the development pitch, but a lot of places can offer development and also actual minutes.

1 minute ago, monskisprodigy said:

Dikembe's son. 

From other posters, apparently he is not very good at basketball. Should be a hard pass. 

I haven’t seen Georgetown play in years but in general I’d prefer an underclassman for a backup big instead of having to add 2 new bigs again a year from now.

Hemenway is visting Vandy this weekend, Maryland on the 9th and "is in the process" to set up a visit with us on the 14th. Percentages of seeing him in cream and crimson just took a hit to me

Here is one that makes a lot of sense:

Koba Keita entered the portal.  6’8” center (Utah).  Two years of elibility.  8.3 pts, 5.4 reb, and 1.1 blocks per game in 16.6 minutes.  Very much a poor man’s Omaur Ballo.

and…..like Ballo, he’s from Mali.  If he were willing to play 10 to 15 minutes behind Ballo and then take the starting spot as a senior, it would be a nice transition.  Not sure he would to do that, but that would be ideal.

15 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Hemenway is visting Vandy this weekend, Maryland on the 9th and "is in the process" to set up a visit with us on the 14th. Percentages of seeing him in cream and crimson just took a hit to me

I thought I read he was coming later this week possibly 

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Here is one that makes a lot of sense:

Koba Keita entered the portal.  6’8” center (Utah).  Two years of elibility.  8.3 pts, 5.4 reb, and 1.1 blocks per game in 16.6 minutes.  Very much a poor man’s Omaur Ballo.

and…..like Ballo, he’s from Mali.  If he were willing to play 10 to 15 minutes behind Ballo and then take the starting spot as a senior, it would be a nice transition.  Not sure he would to do that, but that would be ideal.

I think he would be perfect for the backup role; however, stepping in to Ballo’s role he would have to increase his rebounding and shot blocking and at his height, I can’t see him being a big rim protector 

First I want to thank @RaceToTheTop for posting all these names of guys who enter the portal who might fit that back up big spot.

The guy from Utah is Keba Keita. Sounds like he is very raw offensively but is a solid rebounder, rim runner and lob threat. Just read a couple of articles from a google search. He has not been playing basketball very long and is working hard to get better. His position coach at Utah left and went to BYU so they may have the inside track. He would be a perfect developmental project with alot of upside. Could be paired with Malachi Moreno(if Barrel Rick is right) next year.

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Schools out. Not many students in town and honestly no one really goes to the hyper anymore

Blasphemy!

Love the HPER, spent so much time in that gym/pool/court/track/weight room/racket ball courts and man there's nothing else like it anywhere. Totally unique, with the new facilities I can see why players/former players don't go there much, but students?? 

2 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I think he would be perfect for the backup role; however, stepping in to Ballo’s role he would have to increase his rebounding and shot blocking and at his height, I can’t see him being a big rim protector 

He had 5.3 rebounds and 1.1 blocks in 16.6 mpg…..those are really, really good rates.  Even at just 25 mpg, that’s 8 boards and 1.7 blocks.

So are we legitimately down to just 2 guys (Nikita K and Langdon Hatton) for the back up big position or are we still exploring other options and talking to other guys?

5 minutes ago, mike vannice said:

So are we legitimately down to just 2 guys (Nikita K and Langdon Hatton) for the back up big position or are we still exploring other options and talking to other guys?

I would highly doubt we are only down to those 2. 

Transfer Portal Bigs (uncommitted) quite a few dudes in the portal are considered centers. Most don't have a prediction on where they land. 

31 minutes ago, mike vannice said:

I am interested in watching the Hatton recruiting.  I went to High school with his dad and my son played 8th grade BBall for his dad.  

His Dad was a UK fan I think but his grandpa was an IU fan.  So at least he had some good mentoring in life.

20 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Schools out. Not many students in town and honestly no one really goes to the hyper anymore

Where does everyone hoop on campus now?  Back when I was at IU I spent more time in the Hyper than the lecture halls.