Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

Just need a big then tie a bow on this thing and let's see how things shake out. The staff has hammered just about every need we had so I'll certainly give them credit for that. No excuses next year. I think Nik (Monmouth guy that I'm not going to try to spell name correctly) may not wow anyone but he provides what we need at the backup 5. A mature body, good rebounder both offensive and defensive and also likely to accept a minimum role. I think he can effectively guard most 5's but absolutely no switching with him lol.

On 3/18/2024 at 4:27 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Trying to keep updated - portal players reportedly contacted by IU.  Number in ( ) indicates years of eligibility remaining.

1. Myles Rice (PG) - Washington State (3)                                 IU visit April 12           COMMITTED
  2. Oumar Ballo (C) - Arizona (1)                                                  IU visit April 14-16      COMMITTED
  3. Kanaan Carlyle (G) - Stanford  (3)                                          IU visit April 19            COMMITTED
  4. Luke Goode (W) - Illinois (1)                                                    IU visit April 26            COMMITTED

1. Deyton Albury (G) - Queen's University of Charlotte (2)
  2. Davante "Devo" Davis (G) -  Arkansas (1)
  3. Cade Tyson (G) - Belmont (2)
  4. Keyshawn Hall (F) - George Mason (2)
  5. Jalen Blackmon (G) - Stetson (1)
  6. Otega Oweh (G) - Oklahoma (2)
  7. Javon Small (G) - Oklahoma State (1)
  8. Adou Thiero (PF) - Kentucky (2)
  9. Johnell Davis (W/G) - FAU (1)
  10. Elijah Malone (C) - Grace (1)                                                   IU visit April 18
  11. Zach Anderson (W) - Florida Gulf Coast (1)                        IU visit April 21
  12. Sean Stewart (F) - Duke   
  13. Jaden Schutt (SG) - Duke (2)
  14. Nikita Konstantynovskyi (F)  - Monmouth (1)

OFF THE BOARD

1. Ja’Kobi Gillespie (G)- Belmont  (2) to Maryland\
  2. Marcus Foster  (G) - Furman  (1) to Xavier
  3. Michael Ajayi  (G) - Pepperdine  (1) to Gonzag
  4. Dishon Jackson (C) - Charlotte (2) to Iowa State
  5. Tre Dinkins (G) -Canisius  (1)       [Jared Kelly reports we have not been in contact with Dinkins]
  6. Jordan Sears (G) - UT Martin (2) to LSU
  7. Zeke Mayo (G) - South Dakota St (1) to Kansas
  8. Skyy Clark (G) - Louisville (2) to UCLA   
  9. Brandon Huntley-Hatfield  (F) - Louisville (1) to NC State     
  10. Frankie Fidler (F) - Omaha  (1) to Michigan State   
  11. Marques Warrick (G) - Northern Kentucky (1) to Missouri
  12. Clark Slajchert (G) - Penn  (1) to USC 
  13. Koren Johnson (G) - Washington (2) to Louisville
  14. Dakota Leffew (G) - Mount St. Mary's  (1)        [Not in final 6]
  15. Tony Perkins (G) - Iowa (1) to Missouri
  16. Aaron Bradshaw (C) - Kentucky (3) to O$U
  17. Malik Dia (F) - Belmont (2) to Ole Miss
  18. Gibson Jimerson (G) - St. Louis (1) returned to St. Louis
  19. Darlinstone Dubar (F) -  Hofstra (1) to Tennessee
  20. Connor Hickman (G) - Bradley (1) to Cincinnati
  21. Amari Williams (F) - Drexel  (1) to Kentucky                             IU visit April 19       CANCELED
  22. Ryan Conwell (SG) - Indiana State  (2) to Xavier
  23. Connor Essegian (G) - Wisconsin (2) to Nebraska                   IU visit April 17
  24. Danny Wolf (C) - Yale (2) to Michigan
  25. Koby Brea (CG) - Dayton (1)        [Not in final 5]
  26. Pharrel Payne (F) - Minnesota (2) to Texas A&M                      IU visit April 12-14 
  27. Leland Walker (PG) - Eastern Kentucky  (2) to FAU                   IU visit April 22
  28. Ben Humrichous (F) - Evansville (1) to Illinois

Bump

Even if we don’t get that big, we still have a pretty good roster.  If we land a big to fill the backup roll, this will be the most complete roster since before Tom Crean. I give Woodson and staff all the credit for addressing needs and filling the roster with quality players, now they have to coach them.  The pressure is really on now, no excuses 

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Gotta get an adequate back up 5 for rebounding and defensive purposes.  It will happen. 

I also think it’s crazy not to use scholly 13 just to have a body and depth since they are basically 1 year commitments anyway.  

Absolutely, have to have another big and there is no reason to 'save' a scholarship nowdays. Every year is gonna be a complete rebuild. Live for today. 

30 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Would it be possible for Luke Goode to get another year?

Illinois screwed that up.  He was hurt until mid February in his sophomore year and then they played him the last 10 games.  Blew a year and f eligibility for 115 minutes on the court.  

On 4/22/2024 at 8:46 AM, IUc2016 said:

Gonna be July and we are still getting our shooter who isn't in the portal yet :)

Kinda like Brooks and Reeves from years past lol

With that said, I am getting my hopes up anyway

Not July! Not like Brooks and Reeves!

glad I got my hopes up after all :)

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Illinois screwed that up.  He was hurt until mid February in his sophomore year and then they played him the last 10 games.  Blew a year and f eligibility for 115 minutes on the court.  

Is there any chance he could petition based on only playing 10 games? Didn't XJ play 11 and get granted a 6th year? I know there was some technicality about % of total games the team played, but can't remember the threshold. 

19 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Is there any chance he could petition based on only playing 10 games? Didn't XJ play 11 and get granted a 6th year? I know there was some technicality about % of total games the team played, but can't remember the threshold. 

It also matters when the games are played. They must be in the first 1/2 of the year to receive another year. That's the factor here. He won't be granted medical redshirt.

They really should change it to be like football.

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Gotta be honest I don’t understand this one.  Leal can offer whatever we think we’d use Hemenway for. 

Hemenway is a better shooter. Probably measurably in my opinion.