Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

It's been mentioned on 247 for some time that there are a couple of players with mutual interest that have yet to enter the portal and patience is a virtue in this instance.

being an IU fans means having no patience because every year we are winning it all in most peoples brain

58 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think we get our shooter this week. I don't think he is in the portal yet. I do not know who it is, just heard we have one coming

You are Tyme.  He said the same thing.

EDIT:  what Tyme indicated was that to those that had DM'd him about a certain player that wasn't in the portal that he was award of those rumors;  he also indicated there was a player that would be an 'easy get' if/when they entered the portal as in the player was on board with committing to IU if they entered the portal.  I don't know if he was talking about the same player or if this is two separate.

Personally, I don't know what player that is in reference to that is an easy get.

3 minutes ago, Juwan Moye said:

Reading Twitter it looks like the player in question is Luke Goode.

No clue if the rumor has any truth to it, it’s just what’s out there.

I think that *was* a rumor but according to the person who started talking about the mystery person it was not about Goode.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

And I believe Anderson would say and did say no thank you, other teams want me more than that. 

Since his visit was an unofficial visit (unless i misread that) I think that also shows we had a lukewarm pitch for him

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

And I believe Anderson would say and did say no thank you, other teams want me more than that. 

I’m sure that’s right. The Max Bielfeldt’s and Anthony Walker’s of the world, experienced guys willing to take undefined roles that could be very small, are tough pulls.

3 minutes ago, OldBuddy67 said:

There has been talk of Goode and Furst going to Notre Dame to play for Shrewsberry.......AAU teammates.

If IU doesn't get him then hopefully that is what happens. Although I did read Furst is pre-med and the thought was it was unlikely he'd transfer. Who knows? 

1 hour ago, Juwan Moye said:

Reading Twitter it looks like the player in question is Luke Goode.

No clue if the rumor has any truth to it, it’s just what’s out there.

What's funny is that I think it was just yesterday that Goode 'dispelled the rumors that he was entering the portal'.

The rumors before the portal opened were that both Goode and Furst would enter the portal and look to play together for the same team.  Purdue is still one over the scholarship limit so something has to give there and it doesn't seem like that have been urgent to get that opening so they might know who is leaving already.

If the rumors are true that they would be looking to play at the same place, the two places making the most sense are Indiana and Notre Dame.

4 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

If IU doesn't get him then hopefully that is what happens. Although I did read Furst is pre-med and the thought was it was unlikely he'd transfer. Who knows? 

Furst was also said to be interested in Ohio State where his fiance will be going to school.

4 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

What's funny is that I think it was just yesterday that Goode 'dispelled the rumors that he was entering the portal'.

The rumors before the portal opened were that both Goode and Furst would enter the portal and look to play together for the same team.  Purdue is still one over the scholarship limit so something has to give there and it doesn't seem like that have been urgent to get that opening so they might know who is leaving already.

If the rumors are true that they would be looking to play at the same place, the two places making the most sense are Indiana and Notre Dame.

Scholarship limits are a thing of the past. Michigan football had an extra 20ish players not on scholarship last year, that were given NIL to cover the costs. Purdue could do this for one basketball player if needed. 

I don't see how we could land a player with those kind of minutes and production for the limited roles we appear to have left to offer. Maybe money will be enough, assuming we still have a lot after the guys already acquired, but Goode seems a reach at this point to me.